ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sam's AB 182

Clio 182
So I've had the 182 about six months now, after previously owning a little low n' slow 1.2 Clio, and it's fair to say that quite a few things have changed in that time so I decided to make a thread to show how it's coming along. The car had already been upgraded a fair bit before I bought it, complete with anthracite 2118's, Cooksport springs, Scorpion Exhaust system, rear strut brace and a few other bits and bobs.

This was how it looked after its first wash and wax (well, to an extent- I did cheat by using a filter here but seem to have deleted the original pictures :persevere:)
9296bfa.jpg
946e98f.jpg

The first thing I did was buy a Fabia splitter for the front end, looked a bit bare without one in my opinion.
ebbc602.jpg

Better! :tongueout:

Next I set about doing some tarting up on the interior to give it a bit of character. I wrapped the dash trims and hazard panel, bought a beautiful new leather trimmed wheel from Royal Steering wheels, and finally did a blue SMD conversion for the speedometer and climate control- not to everyone's tastes but I think it suits the car 100x better than the standard orange style.
96138bd.jpg

9772d7d.jpg
9acdd5d.jpg

Since I started on a black and blue theme with the interior, I decided to carry on with the exterior look of the car. Back out came the black vinyl to wrap the bottom section of my front bumper and my badges.
9de1d51.jpg

Next on the list was coilovers. I already had a set of Gaz rear coilovers from my old stanced-out 1.2 which I took off before it was sold, so followed suit and got myself the front set... And so she became low! A couple of other touches were done here since the last picture, I'd made my own smoothed bullets with some F1 Team stickers as well as putting a slight tint on my fogs.
a80a4a2.jpg
a84c36b.jpg
a5aec81.jpg
a70188d.jpg

Managed to grab some second hand washer blanks after a while of hunting and gave them a lick of AB paint.
a54c22f.jpg

Here's one of the little Clio hanging out with it's big brother lurking in the garage! :smilingimp:
a6525dd.jpg

More OCD touches shortly followed in a similar style to the interior, but this time in the engine bay. Got my hands on a cheap engine cover which then went black, as well as some shiny covers and a hose dressing kit (as seen in the next picture). Again, probably not to everyone's tastes but I'm a fan of these sort of aesthetic touches.
a412708.jpg

What's going on here?! Quite a few things. Brembo drilled discs and Ultimax pads went on, the calipers got a bit of blue paint treatment, bolts got replaced with the stud conversion kit and I whacked some spacers on to top it all off. Lovely stuff.
a611787.jpg
a757c74.jpg

Aaaaand here's how she stands currently;
a7ada7a.jpg

Not bad progress if I may say so myself! :cool:

Future plans:
~Refurb the 2118's in black
~Trendlines if they come up at the right price
~Brembo rear discs to match the front
~Refurb headlights

C&C welcome, let me know what you all think!

Last edited:
  Clio 182
Wheels finally got taken to the powdercoaters for a fresh lick of blaaaaack, I think I've fallen in love :hearteyes: All ready for FCS now!
4bbe91d.jpg
4c46d57.jpg

Great work matey, it sits really nice on the coilovers too as mentioned above! :up::up:

As a side note, mine's Arctic lowered on cooksports too so interesting to see what anthracite 2118's look like :grin:

Clio 182
Great work matey, it sits really nice on the coilovers too as mentioned above! :up::up:

As a side note, mine's Arctic lowered on cooksports too so interesting to see what anthracite 2118's look like :grin:
Cheers mate, definitely come join the 2118 club! :tongueclosed:

Clio 182
Took the Clio to the Rollhard Show at Cressing Temple a couple of weeks ago, surprisingly I got accepted into the village which was a nice touch. Believe it or not I did actually manage to turn a few heads amongst the sea of slammed and stanced cars too!
1809b2ba39.jpg

Overall a really good day, there were some proper nice cars there. I was parked up next to a stunning S14 Silvia which one an award and made mine pale into insignificance a tad 😂 Got some good photos though which always makes the day worth it regardless! Here's some I took of the Clio parked up.

17f3c5362c.jpg
17f3bbd9d1.jpg