ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Safety Re-call

Just received a safety recall for the bonnet catch on my 2003 Clio Cup:( remember seeing pictures a few years back of Clios with bonnets against their windows, can this be done by my normal garage or has Renault got to do it as it's an old car now?

Regards Russ..............

Clio dCi65 Dynamique
Not knowing if mine has been done or not, bought the car in Sept this year, can anyone tell me a few pointers please?

PH1 iceburg
You should be able to contact renault with your reg/vin and they can tell if it has been done.

Phonecall to Renault UK will let you know either way.

First clio all they did was spray some grease on it, for the second one they replaced the entire mechanism.

Westy. MX5
Russ, they took a long time to recall you, it's been at least 2 years since the recalls started. Might as well have it done by Renault, it'a all free. They'll be tempting you with a new car as well.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Its worth ringing and checking though, tracking down who owns a car after a few years can be difficult remember.

Yes just got off the phone to them and it seems like they are just going to spray some grease on it, more worrying is the reg didn't register on their system but the chassis number did he thinks it had a private plate on it, I only use the car for sprints anyway and drive to events, I think aero bonnet pins will be going on as well, I've been lucky then as the car has been driven hard at some events and no problems, just my luck as the car's been faultless after a service at Birchdown, thanks for the replies.I'm also worried it'll come out slower than it went in as it's a main dealer.

Regards Russ.............

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Please put the bonnet pins on now and then take it in.

Secret camera also required :D

1.5dci
They'll be tempting you with a new car as well.

And servicing and stuff, got a card telling me my mot was due from them the other day, only prob was it was actually up in august, so no idea how they gained 3 months.

Also the whole catch was changed on mine not just sprayed, thought it was the same for sports and non-sports

ITB'd MK1
you'd be silly not to just go and get them to check it really. I lubricate the bonnet catch on every car I see now, there's a lot of them get very sticky and it takes about 1 minute to free them off and grease them up to try to prevent it happening again

Discounted 1*2 parts
Take your car to Renault and let them inspect the catch. We have had clio's in at work that have had 2/3 new catches because they corrode. If its corroded it needs replacing and renault will do it free of charge

Discounted 1*2 parts
I best do this too.... No idea if Mine's been done.

Look in your engine bay and see if there is a blue sticker with lots of squares in it - there should be a cross on box K4 to say its been done. But as I said this doesn't mean it won't corrode in the future

Jap Box
Got mine done for free by them, whole new catch put on there.

Their REG system is useless, it kept saying my plate belonged to a diesel Laguna estate, then another dealer said it was a 5 door deisel clio.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Might take mine in, its quite stuff and the bonnet doesnt pop open fully when you pull the handle.