ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ryan's Megane 250

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
You’re mental. Take the refund. Find another.

Why take the risk?

As Dan said, the car is really good apart from the diff issue and I would like to keep it.

Been an age since I looked but almost impossible to get wrong, amp sits in line between the speakers and stereo, the adapter loom makes that possible. Pretty easy to figure out when it’s in front of you

Don't mean to seem dense, but without taking it to the car I'm struggling to piece it together.

If the red one plugs into the stereo and the blue one connects to the car loom that used to go into the stereo then where does everything else plug into?

Am I right in thinking the two connectors above the blue one, plug into the connectors on the right of the amp and then the connector above the red one plugs into the left connector on the amp??

20210106_132936.jpg

This is how i think it goes together.

20210106_134449.jpg

Last edited:
  megane 285 sport
As Dan said, the car is really good apart from the diff issue and I would like to keep it.

Don't mean to seem dense, but without taking it to the car I'm struggling to piece it together.

If the red one plugs into the stereo and the blue one connects to the car loom that used to go into the stereo then where does everything else plug into?

Am I right in thinking the two connectors above the blue one, plug into the connectors on the right of the amp and then the connector above the red one plugs into the left connector on the amp??

View attachment 1514238

This is how i think it goes together.

View attachment 1514244
Unplug the power cable in the loom in the second picture and plug to the amp loom, and the piggy back plug off the amps loom plugs back to the one that you just unplugged.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Unplug the power cable in the loom in the second picture and plug to the amp loom, and the piggy back plug off the amps loom plugs back to the one that you just unplugged.

I did think that initially but the amount of pins in the connector don't match, seemed like that was the way to go, but looking at it, the amp wouldn't have any power going to it otherwise.

megane 285 sport
Depends what adapter youve bought, on megane forum, the guys modded a modeo lead, i bought a megane 3 one, which plugged and played, the only thing i had to do, was move the two smaller plugs from the meganes main plug into the new plug that plugs into the stereo.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Depends what adapter youve bought, on megane forum, the guys modded a modeo lead, i bought a megane 3 one, which plugged and played, the only thing i had to do, was move the two smaller plugs from the meganes main plug into the new plug that plugs into the stereo.

Tbh it looks like there are only two cables that won't plug into anything anyways so it should be fine :)

Thanks, hopefully i can get it plugged in and tested this week.

megane 285 sport
Dont know what its like on standard speakers but its sounds alot better than standard with better speakers, fitted two under seat subs with mine, sounds even better.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
One question, if Ktec aren't going to repair the car could i use the warranty to help towards costs? I did get the paperwork through the other day, interestingly the check box that says "The vehicle is as described and free from defects" is yes and the box "Are there any concerns with the following Engine, Transmission, Final drive" is also set to No.

Obviously at the time of purchase i wasn't aware of the issue.

Ocsltd

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup & 182 Trophy
Probably but if I'm off work for however long then work emails don't even get considered [emoji2373][emoji28]

They will be checking their emails daily as they won't want to miss a sales enquiry...! However, problem emails will probably be ignored!!

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
Warranty won’t cover a defect that was there prior to setup. It’ll be down to the supplier.
Also the warranty is only for like £500 cover.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Warranty won’t cover a defect that was there prior to setup. It’ll be down to the supplier.
Also the warranty is only for like £500 cover.

Thought as much, yer its only £500 but when the bill is probably going to be 2/3K would be nice to have any help lol.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Take it back!

My old mans always said to me, there will always be another. He isn’t wrong.

Can't find anything close for spec, miles, condition etc for the price. Would need to spend 12k upwards after a quick eBay/autotrader search.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Cars spot on apart from that iirc.

Do the diff and have a properly nice car. Then pop an invoice to ktec.

To get no reply is shambolic though.

Can't find anything close for spec, miles, condition etc for the price. Would need to spend 12k upwards after a quick eBay/autotrader search.

OK, and how much was this one?

If it wasn’t £8995 you’re doing yourself a disservice by potentially dropping 3k on a bloody diff repair!!

I just think it’s a mental risk to think ktec are just going to get your invoice and say ‘thanks for sorting that for us, here’s £3k’

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I'd ship it back to them, if it hasn't been sorted by now then imagine the run around you're going to have when trying to claim money back off the c***s

Get shut and there will always be another mate!!

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Surprised they haven't sorted it tbf. God help you if you have any other issues [emoji28]

Send it back and get your money. Not exactly a rare car to find really. Might just have to wait for one

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
OK, and how much was this one?

If it wasn’t £8995 you’re doing yourself a disservice by potentially dropping 3k on a bloody diff repair!!

I just think it’s a mental risk to think ktec are just going to get your invoice and say ‘thanks for sorting that for us, here’s £3k’

Car was 10k, we don't actually know what the issue is yet. Until the gearbox is split apart it could be something as simple as a shim or a bearing or it could be the diff is worn. Of course there is a risk that once it's apart nothing is wrong, but given the test drives and comparisons to other Meganes, that possibility is unlikely.

I don't expect K-tec to accept the invoice as they stated they don't pay for repairs at other garages, but I'm prepared to go through the courts and worst case even if I lost, I still have a good car at the end of it for around the same cost I would have to spend now. 3k is a really bad worst case scenario situation, I'm hoping it won't come to that.

Yes it would be easier to take it back for a refund, but that's not what I want to do. I know it's mental to everyone else.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
Sounds like a sure fire way of ending up with nothing.
Or is losing in court free nowadays?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
So they've said they won't pay for repairs else where, which I think is perfectly reasonable as they have a capable workshop who can fix it. But what have they said about doing the repairs themselves? I guess you don't want the hassle of taking it back, but landing yourself with a £3k bill while saying you'd have to spend £2k more to find a similar spec one is just kicking yourself in the tatties. Are they willing to fix it or not?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
This is bizarre. Get a refund, and buy a decent/working one. They aren’t that hard to find. Also.. get a refund for yours and add the £2-£3k (diff money which you won’t get back) onto the budget and get an even better spec Megane.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Only on CS would a dealer who offers a simple solution to a problem, somehow still be wrong.

They’ve offered the refund, as others have said, take it, put all the dead money you’re planning to throw at this to it, buy another.

How anyone has the energy for what, in every way is gonna be a protracted issue.

I have heart burn just thinking about it.

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Regardless of what he decides, Ktec know the car has and issue, they offered a refund which is fair enough, but hes just spent 10k with them, the least they could do is mail or pick the phone up and try and sort things out, as someone said above, if you equired about buying a car, they would be in contact straight away.

@Rojer i told you white ones are better....🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.