ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rx04 wvu

cup 182
Anyone familiar with this clio ?
Just bought it and it looks like a 182 but comes up as a 172 with insurance
Yet logbook says Renault Renault sport clio 16v
So iv not a clue actually what it is
My old clio 172 cup came up on logbook as a Renault Renault sport 172 cup 16v so that was more obvious
But apparently this has had 7 owners and wondered if any have been on here
Cheers

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
Yep easiest way is to check to see if it has a wheel well. Then you know it's a 182. I think there's a sticker on the inside of the drivers door that's say clio 182 aswell.

cup 182
I just checked and the boot floor is flat as a pancake no area for a tyre to fit but has the tyre foam stuff in a canister, yet on compare market insurance it came up 172
The middle seatbelt is on the roof rather than on the bench
Yet cars an 04 plate it's baffling me
Car has plastic front wings is that standard on all 182 or only cups
Cheers

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I just checked and the boot floor is flat as a pancake no area for a tyre to fit but has the tyre foam stuff in a canister, yet on compare market insurance it came up 172
The middle seatbelt is on the roof rather than on the bench
Yet cars an 04 plate it's baffling me
Car has plastic front wings is that standard on all 182 or only cups
Cheers
Sounds like a 182 then.

They all came with plastic wings

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
It's a 182. Just an error in the registration somewhere. Insurance slightly cheaper on a '172' anyway?

cup 182
Trust me to buy an awkward one
I'm thinking if it's a 182 and comes up a 172 technically I should be fine if in an accident due to being a registration fault rather than me insuring the wrong type of model
If just bought it so will see what the new reg doc says when it arrives

clio 182
I think it might be best to let your insurance know its a 182, i know they can look for any excuse an not to pay out if you had a bump