ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rusty drums!?Paint them?

fiesta 1.25
My drums are ruty and look afull so should i paint them blue or red?

oj what can i do ive thought about black paint but wont look as OEM as i like.Is there any way for cleaning them up?

M2 Competition
Erm, if you want them matt black paint them matt black? Its paint, it comes in many colours young jedi...

M2 Competition
Hammered black should do the trick mate. Or smooth black... most people use it rather than caliper paint on the fronts too as it needs less coats.

im glad someone has asked this question, cos mine are looking awful and in need of a touch up. from reading the thread.... black it is!
:D

Mk1 1.2 Clio Paris
Just a question. What would you guys think of a red Mk1 clio with black multi spoke alloys, green drums and calipers? lol

I mean BRIGHT green. :D

Last edited:
Just a question. What would you guys think of a red Mk1 clio with black multi spoke alloys, green drums and calipers? lol

Have a word, it'll look cheap & nasty. Why advertise the fact that you have brake drums :S

So is hammered the non gloss finish?If i dont paint them can i just clean all the rust off somehow?
Get a wire brush on the drums to clean all of the rust off, give it a bit of sand paper action too with a fine(ish) grade, then get the hammerite on there. Use hammerite smooth.

fiesta 1.25

Have a word, it'll look cheap & nasty. Why advertise the fact that you have brake drums :S

show off that you dont get brake dust and dont have to change them as regually :rasp:

So is hammered the non gloss finish?If i dont paint them can i just clean all the rust off somehow?
Get a wire brush on the drums to clean all of the rust off, give it a bit of sand paper action too with a fine(ish) grade, then get the hammerite on there. Use hammerite smooth.

why smooth though?

I do get brake dust, lots of it too:dapprove:

The normal hammerite is rough basically (it's textured) and imo it won't look as good, hammerite smooth is just that, smooth.

Hammerite smooth black isn't shiny really, it's not like it'll make them really stand out at all. Try it it's good stuff.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
100_1878.jpg

KIF_0828.jpg

Thats the closest I could get to pics of them, if they were red or silver or anything else you'd be able to see the drums

fiesta 1.25
VHT
Quick drying, inhibits rust
Range of colours available
Ideal for exhaust manifolds, brake drums, pipes

Vht it is now ive just got to find it​

Mk1 1.2 Clio Paris

I dont think you want sand paper, I think you want to use glass paper(I maybe wrong lol), but if you tell them you want to get rust off of metal im sure they can advise you.

Mk1 1.2 Clio Paris
I believe sand paper is normaly used for wood and glass paper is for metal. but like I said I cud be wrong lol.

and whats wrong with letting ppl know I've got drums? I think I might steal some horse shoe brakes and fit them now lmao :D

Nothing at all with wanting it perfect, but you asked for advice I gave it & so did John, but you want some other paint. A lot on here have used what I metion & none had had any problems at all. Rich even uses it on his cars (the bloke is a true perfectionist)