ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ's very exclusive Exclusive

340i
It certainly sounds promising on the power front, sounds like a 190bhp engine after a remap?

Bad news about the caliper, but not the end of the world ;)

53 Clio's & counting
Id still be plenty happy with the power being in the 180's to be honest, as long as the torque gets better - 150 odd lb ft is frankly shocking for Scricks.

:)

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
Very nice spec!! I presume that exhaust will not be on there long?

I will keep an eye on this thread for some inspiration for my exclusive!

mine currently....

ph1-1.jpg

ph1-2.jpg

53 Clio's & counting
That's a nice power figure considering it's not been mapped, should be chuffed mate!

We will have to do a swap when yours is finished and go for a drive :D

Agreed. Aiming for 190 when mapped? :approve:

It would be nice mate, but iv got a few things im wanting to change before it goes for mapping - id still be happy with somewhere in the 180's (though 190's would be nice) as long as torque goes up :)

Very nice spec!! I presume that exhaust will not be on there long?

I will keep an eye on this thread for some inspiration for my exclusive!

mine currently....

ph1-1.jpg

ph1-2.jpg

Iv read your thread dude, yours looks stunning! Puts mine to shame really :eek:

Loving the gold on green, and I think you should sell your exhaust to me :D

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
Iv read your thread dude, yours looks stunning! Puts mine to shame really :eek:

Loving the gold on green, and I think you should sell your exhaust to me :D

Thanks very much, i look forward to seeing your progress...

Haha no your not having my exhaust it took me ages to track the OMP inox down!

Check your PM's for a little secret....

53 Clio's & counting
Cheers dude ;)

Started clearing the garage out ready for the Clio to go in, so just sorting a f/s thread out for some bits

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
This one has potential, Russ...

It was good to see you at the rolling road mate. I wouldn't be too upset as you made almost the same result as me and as you know I'm already running ITB's. No idea where my 15bhp and 15lbft have gone to. Very disappointed with the result.

Anyways, I look forward to seeing where you go with this car. I also like the dragster look as it looked quite menacing following you to the garage in the afternoon... :D

53 Clio's & counting
To be fair mate, after driving yours (thank you again for that) I can safely say if we had gone side by side on the way to my work you would have ripped me a new arsehole - yours pulls fantastic - a bit too well for that M3 driver ;)

Yeah I really need to sort out the rear ride height - it was slightly twitchy shall I say lol

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
To be fair mate, after driving yours (thank you again for that) I can safely say if we had gone side by side on the way to my work you would have ripped me a new arsehole - yours pulls fantastic - a bit too well for that M3 driver ;)

Yeah I really need to sort out the rear ride height - it was slightly twitchy shall I say lol
Pleasure mate - I was more than happy to throw you the keys and have you take it for a spin. I also appreciated your thoughts and suggestions regarding the issue with the dampers and am extremely grateful for the generous use of your garage facility and skills in the afternoon. Really appreciated your time and efforts mate and I owe you so many pints now I'm losing count... LOL!

PMSL at the M3 driver and his losers flyby...

With respect to your car, I look forward to seeing the results of the remap when the time comes. I'm very interested in the performance on the Schricks and it looks like they have the potential to offer a seriously nice chunk of torques when mapped correctly. Oh, the cuppa was smashing by the way.

53 Clio's & counting
From how yours felt, un-pinning them when refurbing would be a good move - Still felt great mind :)

No problem with the few bits dude, that new CV boot clip should hold much better than the Renault one, and although that breather isn't kicking out loads of oil, that should hopefully stop the bit of splatter down the back.

Next time I see you il do something better with the breather pipe, unfortunately I could only do my best with the pipe I had lol.

Once it's mapped you will have to take it for a spin, see if it makes your mind up ;) Oh and the kettles on anytime :D

53 Clio's & counting
Stupid f**king b*****d cunting engine cover bolts!3 off easy, one so tight it rounded right away, chisel and hammer won't budge it, grinder did though lol

53 Clio's & counting
Agreed, bloody horrid looking things!Hoping caliper will turn up tomorrow so I can get it back home and in the garage so I can start playing around with a few bits.

53 Clio's & counting
Cheers dude :D

will be able to get more progress done now my other shell has gone, just need to tidy up my garage a bit Lol

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Got the calipers in the post today, I missed the van by like 2mins though :(

53 Clio's & counting
Yes it will be matey, i may have to work in the morning though so i might not arrive until about 1ish :(

pop over to my club (bse motorsport, will be by the food vans) and say hi!

53 Clio's & counting
Big thanks to Tunst for getting me a new rear caliper quickly - all fitted and is spot on :D. New rear discs and pads fitted, and rear ride height will be played around with this week :) - oh, fingers crossed a decent update tomorrow :D

53 Clio's & counting
Ride height played with:

has gone from this:

2011-09-01130008.jpg

2011-09-01130013.jpg

2011-09-17124304.jpg

To this:

2011-09-17133814.jpg

2011-09-17135811.jpg

2011-09-17135829.jpg

2011-09-17135839.jpg

2011-09-17135852.jpg

the back now has the helper blocks taken out, and the springs near down as much as they can go, and the fronts are down about another 10-15mm or so.

Will have another play around when iv done another few bits, but so far impressions are good - iv wound the shocks so they are a bit stiffer, though i might soften the back a tiny bit as it's tail happy - fine for me, but not so great if Claire uses it.

Opinions welcome x