ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ's very exclusive Exclusive

53 Clio's & counting
Small update, got my wheels on :)

Still a bit high at the back, but it has helper blacks on the rear springs, so need to pop them out and have a look at some point

2011-08-14165619.jpg

2011-08-14165608.jpg

Knew about one crack, but didn't know about the other!

2011-08-14164302.jpg

2011-08-14164256.jpg

Nice camber at the front now, not over the top:

2011-08-14165653.jpg

53 Clio's & counting
Agreed Danny, I have to say I prefere grooved over drilled, though a standard set will be going on the back now, iv never felt the need to go uprated on the back :)

Evo 5 RS
eek, I had 3 sets of those that did this, although it was marginally down to it sticking slightly.

Like Danny says though they're just gash! No point what-so-ever drilling discs that skinny! Car looks a lot minter on the f1s

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
How much camber is that Russ?

Currently running about 2.3 on mine so going to wind some off this week front tyres were trashed in less than 10k!

53 Clio's & counting
eek, I had 3 sets of those that did this, although it was marginally down to it sticking slightly.

Like Danny says though they're just gash! No point what-so-ever drilling discs that skinny! Car looks a lot minter on the f1s

Cheers dude lol

How much camber is that Russ?

Currently running about 2.3 on mine so going to wind some off this week front tyres were trashed in less than 10k!

Not sure mate, ran out of time today lol

53 Clio's & counting
Not really mate, id like to think it would be somewhere in the 180's, but with decent torque - Where's Fred when we need him, im sure he would know how much the cams give lol

BMW 330ci sp/ 172Cup
Wheels make the car look so much better than before. I bet it drives a bit nicer too?

Lovely disks;) I thought cracked disks normally refer to a hairline crack running across them, you could get a screw driver in that and prise it open:) good excuse as any to get some standard items back on there.

Keep the progress up!

53 Clio's & counting
New ones on the way, don't worry chaps ;)

Now I need to find a Yozza laying under a rock somewhere.....

Never above 25mpg
Keep it all standard on the outside(as much as you can)! Only PH1 I think should be kept original :D

53 Clio's & counting
I wonder who would do that ;) Pmsl, I think me and you Dave are going to be shunned lolCheers dude, as per your beastie I couldn't tun it down at the price, and it's got all the bits I would have wanted anyway :DDoing a few tweaks then off for a remap, and corner weighting + setup now it's on 15's

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Russ you going to be using Neil Garner for the setup? Thinking of taking my MX5hed and Clio down there..

53 Clio's & counting
I used Neil when I had the Elise setup and serviced as I dropped it off onto the way to work lol, he is very good - did it properly, weighted the drivers seat ot my weight too.

Oh, update coming tomorrow.....

53 Clio's & counting
Well been a long bloody day lol.

Got my trailer out, dragged my shell into work and began butchering it lol.

Long story short, I got most of the cage out, plus a load of extra bits stripped out of it (will be having a load of bits coming up for sale).......

BUT................

Iv decided not to use the cage.

With what Iv had to strip off it (ie some of the bars), and although iv tried cleaning up the bits iv got off, it will take me an age to sort - Iv been on it all afternoon and only got one piece clean and tidy enough to weld on a new section - I don't have the time and space to continue removing it and cleaning it up ready.

So looks like il be buying a new one instead lol.

Not sure what cage to go for, I don't want to be spending loads, so probably will go custom cage again, though im keeping my options open as my flocked dash is pre cut for a cage, so only stipulation is it not be a dash dodger.

53 Clio's & counting
Yeah tis a bit tbh mate, but hey ho, il just find another I like - I do like the custom cages stuff anyway so might just stay with it, unless I get any more recommendations......

53 Clio's & counting
Oh dude :( No luck with cheap seats yet?

Fitting new rear discs and pads this weekend, and sold my 17's for £285 so thats money back off the total cost :)

clio sport
looks very nice dude, what mods have you done?

as asked for a quick update of my mods

Engine
remapped with RS tuner
ph1 airbox with uprated filter
Ktec mild steel stealth exhaust system with decat
Green Samco coolant hoses
Bailley polished coolant bottle
Polished inlet manifold
Polished fuel rail cover
vibrotech solid engine mounts
powerflex dog bone poly bushes
Interior
Alpine CD head unit
Genesis 2 channel amp
Uprated door speakers being powered by a Genesis 2 channel amp
fully stripped
6 point 3inch harness
corbeau pro series buckets
omp 330mm suede wheel and boss kit
Suspension
Gaz /ktec height and damping adjustable coilovers
front strut brace
Powder coated wishbones with Powerflex bushes
Powerflex anti-roll bar bushes
whiteline rear arb kit
-2 degree rear camber shims
Brakes

fronts have Brembo hc and ferrado ds2500 pads
standard rears
s/s brake hoses
Brake fluid changed to 5.1
Wheels
Refurbished OZ Super-T in 16", these have just been powdercoated in grey

track wheels 15 inch td 1.2 with yoko ao48

Last edited:
  53 Clio's & counting
Well had the Clio on the rollers this morning, made good power but low torque (185bhp / 153 lb ft torque) which I think it down to the map - AFR's were all over the shop so will get that sorted soon.

Popped over to work to change the rear discs and pads, and the threads pulled out the drivers side rear caliper (The lower hole where the slider bolts to the caliper) so looking out getting a new caliper now, so I chucked the wheel back on so i can wheel it out the workshop on Tuesday, but gor now I left it there:

2011-08-27164030.jpg