ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Running on 3 cylinders, flashing engine light

Good Morning all,
know this has been covered so many times in the pass, the other day i done a 400 mile + trip to Belgium in my 172 cup all was fine until 30 miles from home,
i went round a roundabout and the car started to miss fire then was running on 3 cylinders for a mile or so, flashing engine light which went out after 4 or 5 flashes
had a bang out of the exhaust and all was running perfect again for a couple of miles then the same thing happened again.
this carried on for the rest of the journey home. Once i pulled up on the drive way i was getting a very rotten eggy smell and the car started to run on 3 cylinders again ( sounds like an impreza )
the car has plenty of fuel in the tank, so i know it wasn't having a surge when going round roundabouts or sharp bends.
I've done the dash check and the only code i have is ---H which looking on the search comes up as oil level sensor. i'm gonna try and borrow an code reader to see what has been logged
but just asking to see if anyone has any ideas what could be up with car, part of me wants to say injector or HT leads.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Greg