ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Running low revs help!

Renault Clio
Hey my 2003 clio is running on idle at just below 1000 revs and when I'm driving feels like it's lagging I change gear and revs drop again until I accelerate.

Not sure if spark plugs are knackered and would need full service as it was ok yesterday cold wet weathers kicked in and it's saying no to me lol!

No warning lights on and temp on it isn't high bit stuck...

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Could well be the pre cat lambda sensor playing up, I had this on a mates 182, it gradually got worse and worse until it finally threw the engine management light on (this was when he came to see me and get the car plugged into my diagnostics).

I'd recommend getting a diagnostic check done, and see what the live figures are for the lambda/o2 sensors and go from there, it does sound like a sensor issue somewhere though

Renault Clio 2003
Could be a dirty throttle body, concluding from how the revs drop during gear change. I would take out the throttle body and rinse with brake cleaner spray.

Definitely the MAP sensor and pre-cat lambda sensor are also possibilities.