ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Running issues this morning?

02 Clio 172
Hi all, had an early start this morning as I was off to get some new rubber fitted to the Clio,
the place I was going to is about 25 miles away, anyway I set off and the car seemed to be driving fine, I stopped off for fuel as it was really low and on the red.
I left the fuel station and had been going for about 4 miles when I came to quite a steep hill, whilst going up this the car lost power and if I tried to accelerate the car would lose power but if I held it at around 3k revs the car managed to get up the hill.
I stopped in a layby at the top of hill and gave the car a good rev up, seemed absolutely fine and went straight to the redline with no hesitation. Thought this was a bit strange but set off again and it went fine until the next hill when it repeated the same thing as before, if it tried to accelerate it wasn't having it at all.
It seemed to mostly have this problem up hill but It was similiar on the flat sometimes as well although it was very intermittent as mostly it ran fine.
Thinking it maybe a fuel filter issue from letting it get a bit low I purchased one from the local motor factors, here I am baffled as I gave my reg and they provided a filter but after trying to fit it it seems ph2 172 filters are built into the tank?? So how they sold me a filter I don't really know.
Anyway fingers crossed and touch wood on the way back the car seems fine. What could of caused the running issue? Really don't want it to occur again.