ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Running in a new exhaust

WHAT ARE YOU ON ABOUT?!?!?!?!?!???

Of course not. Fit it, then drive straight home and hit the rev limited up your road to let ALL the neihbours realise that they are going 2 be woken up every morning from now on.

The go for a long drive with the windows down! (oh and make sure you go into a multistory and set everyones car alarms off :devilish:)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

No, theres no need to "run in" an exhaust, but it will get better and louder with time...

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

decided on the quieter magnex mate in the end.the one ive got now is quite loud and i wanted something a bit quieter.thanks for your help anyway.magnex should arrive tomorrow so ill get it fitted.by a coincidence we had a 172 in today with a magnex exhaust fitted and it sounds like what i want so fingers crossed.

E36 323i coupe

Cheers everyone - know I probably sounded like a dumb ass, but it just occurred to me that maybe I had to run it in to give the joints time to seal properly... or something.

Youre not being a dumbass at all Jon1978.

There is a marginal ammount of run in with an exhaust. i.e. to let carbon deposits build up etc. I wouldnt worry about it though, drive as you normally would!

you might wanna pull the seatbelts out & let em roll back in...a few times tho..............just to make sure them roller guides are run in !!

& you could go to a nice quiet sucluded spot with yer missus.....both get in the back.....& wear them rear seats in a bit !!! (thats the excuse i use anyway);)