ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rumbling noise. I don't know where it comes from!!

'10 Clio200
So, last Saturday I got my tracking done on my 182, with eibach magic cambers and the rear brakes, all genuine parts, 175Nm and the washers behind.

And since monday there's this rumbling noise that occurs when cruising and coasting. If I swing the steering wheel slightly I can change the intensity of the noise, but I get no vibration at the wheel. I have the noise from almost no speed at all to 60-70mph, intermitently, and it doesn't change its frequency with the speed or gear. The noise it's always the same.
If I turn the wheel harder doing a slalom, the noise dissapears and then comes back, and it also dissapears as soon as I do a light braking, both with the brake pedal or the parking brake.

To get an idea of the noise is just as if the exhaust were rubbing with some shield or the body itself. I had problems with the exhaust system in my old valver and the noise is exactly the same. It's really annoying and I don't know what to do! I've already checked the whole exhaust line, heat shields, rear bearings/brakes, wheel bolts torque...

All 4 tyres have less than 1000 miles, and I got my cat welded as it was cracked where it joins the intermediate section. But everything seems fine there!

I think this is all the info I can give to you. What do you reckon mates?

'10 Clio200
bearings are new, and noise comes from the back of the car. also, when pulling slightly the handbrake the noise disappears.

anyway, did a 600 mile trip yesterday and the car is fine now... weird :headno: