ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RS3 or M4?

Which car

• Rs3

Votes: 40 30.3%
  • M4

Votes: 92 69.7%

• Total voters

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I agree, fast Audi’s are muscle cars, not drivers cars. Each has their place, but m3/4 aren’t comparable to RS3’s.

F82 M4
Standard plates look SO much better. I don't know what I was thinking tbh

31542782_170294010355488_5821468126914543616_o.jpg

31950395_170293960355493_8363412643804872704_o.jpg

31932387_170293907022165_134342891936940032_o.jpg

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
The M3/4 both look great in equal measure and I think my mind changes every time I see a version of one on the road,
I spotted a light flat grey looking M2 (competition maybe) with gloss black M3/4 competition wheels today at Tesco it really was stunning. A great colour combo.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
On a side note I love the RS3 and the engine set up but the interior dash etc on the A3 is still an A3 which is pretty budget spec for a 40-50k car.

Leon cupra
I want CS’s genuine opinion on this, I’m on the lookout for a new car and recently put down a deposit on a RS3 (refundable). However, my budget is around £35,000 so I’ve been looking into other cars for the same price. What’s your thoughts on the M4? It’s the same price and weirdly enough it’s half to price to insure than the RS3. I’m thinking the RS3 is classier, and certainly rarer (I don’t think I’ve actually seen one to be honest), where as the BMW I’ve seen a few times. The BMW however could be a lot of fun, but then would I be “that” BMW wanker guy.

These are the main two examples –

https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...s3-2-5-tfsi-rs-3-quattro-5dr-s-tronic/8091958

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/bmw/f82-m4/bmw-m4/8247013

Thoughts?
Rs3 all day long. I live in Northern Ireland and putting anything over 170hp down on anything other than 4wheel drive is impossible on our constantly wet roads.

Nice choice. I do miss mine sometimes but wouldn't have been practical with a baby. Almost bought a M3 the same colour at the start of the year but ended up with a delivery miles X3 instead.

32461962362_e3a217275b_k.jpg

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
On a side note I love the RS3 and the engine set up but the interior dash etc on the A3 is still an A3 which is pretty budget spec for a 40-50k car.

What’s the difference on the m cars? As I thought they looked very similar too.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
For me because i don't like the M4 has to be the RS3.

Although i would rather have an M3 or TTRS that either of them tbh.

Love it mate. I'm thinking of getting the front splitter next and been weighing up the Lichfield map to 515bhp

The map would be cheaper! I was told the carbon corners on mine were about £500 and the carbon splitter was about £1200 but this was 3 years ago so maybe cheaper now.

So after 4 awesome years I'm now selling this 🙂 Where's the best place to sell these days? PH or AT?
Id first try on here and also somewhere like www.bimmerforums.co.uk - www.bimmerownersclub.com - https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=648

You just don't want the midlands ballbags turning up with a car full taking the piss on price and test drives etc as this is 100% what will happen with the normal selling channels. Maybe @Daniel is interested as he runs a decent little car dealership.

My mate is currently selling his and he is annoyed AF with all the BS on AT, eBay and PH, so he's trading it in for a X6M, lost a few grand compared to selling private but its worth it not to have to deal with time wasting mouth breathers.

F82 M4
Brilliant thanks mate. I'll try some of the forums before going to PH :) I'm selling it for much cheaper than all the others I've seen

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
Similar mileage and specs go for around £25-28k. I'd be happy to get around £24k'ish :)

I can trade in for £22.5k so I might just do that for the hassle tbh
Swiftly finds the spec and counts his pennies! 😉😉

Clio Dci
In all seriousness, depending on miles, spec etc. the BMW dealership I work for might be interested in purchasing! Drop me a message if so

F82 M4
64,700 miles
Full BMW Service history with latest done last week with the MOT
Michelin Pilot Sport tyres all with >5mm tread left
Recently fitted rear EBC yellowstuff pads. Fronts were done last year (EBC again)
Heads up display
Harman Kardon sound
Carbon fibre interior parts
Genuine BMW Carbon spoiler and rear diffuser
Genuine BMW front splitter (not carbon fibre though, this isn't in the photos it was fitted last year)
Brand new windscreen just fitted 2 weeks ago by Autoglass

Honestly, the bodywork is pretty much immaculate. I have it professionally valleted (by a proper company, Flawless Auto's) every month and he details it every 6 months. I last had it detailed about 4 months ago.

Literally these are the only negatives -

All 4 alloys have slight kerbage
Some bleach spilled out of a shopping bag once and it made a mark on the carpet (passenger side, underneath the mat. About the size of a 2p). Can't see it unless you move the mat

I'll certainly miss it :(

16V F7R

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16V
You definitely made the right choice having the M4 over any Audi imo. It looks a very nice example you have there. Glwts
I’ve had an e92. Test drove the M4 in depth. Then had w204 and w205 C63’s and I preferred them both. I think the C63 has been the better car since 07. Definitely for road. For finite handling I can see where people might pick the e92 but not the f80, I did not like it no where near as much as a w205 C63. The C63 was noticeably a better car then imo. The M3 and M4 cars are still absolutely epic and they aren’t worlds apart, it is just what power delivery and drive you prefer I suppose. The beemer has always looked sexier and meaner and yours is 👌
Anyway, what you chopping her in for?

F82 M4
You definitely made the right choice having the M4 over any Audi imo. It looks a very nice example you have there. Glwts
I’ve had an e92. Test drove the M4 in depth. Then had w204 and w205 C63’s and I preferred them both. I think the C63 has been the better car since 07. Definitely for road. For finite handling I can see where people might pick the e92 but not the f80, I did not like it no where near as much as a w205 C63. The C63 was noticeably a better car then imo. The M3 and M4 cars are still absolutely epic and they aren’t worlds apart, it is just what power delivery and drive you prefer I suppose. The beemer has always looked sexier and meaner and yours is 👌
Anyway, what you chopping her in for?

😂

Not this actual one but definitely along these lines. I'm actually going to have a runaround for the next 12 months and save some cash up then buy something silly 🙂

16V F7R

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16V
I jacked em all in for valver! 🤣🤣
You can’t beat the fresh crisp rain water running down your face and lap from the leaking sunroof!🤣
There is a good gif opportunity here!….
That Benz is much better 👍 (imo also)