ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS250 Cup - Capsicum Red pics

VRS
Climate, handsfree card, auto lights/wipers,...er......... bluetooth, window tints, electrochrome rear view mirror.

But cruically, the cup has a LSD and cup chassis! (optional on 250)

I reckon the cup is the way forwards :approve:

do i see parking sensors on the rear pic?

DCi 100
Minus the flashy led shat lights, remove all the Renault/Megane/RS tags available except the front bonnet one, I really like how it looks on those wheels!

Darker insert front lights would help give them depth though, as they look washed out compared to the dark colours of the car. Slight tint on the rear 3 wings, black rear cage and lowered, I'd shag it.

RS250 cup
well this is the same as the car Ive ordered :) roll on march 1st, the red looks miles better in the flesh, went into renault wigan last night and saw it in red, im happy with my choice.

J03

MX5 1.8
will look soo good lowered ;)

newmeggy.jpg

260% JCW
Want to see one in liquid yellow, Yummy!!!
Would also consider painting the panel under the headlights the same colour as the car. IMO it looks crap on the 200 and the 250.

JB

RB 182 Cup
I know this is early days but does anyone think they'll do an 'R' version of this similar to the current R26r? I.e majorly track focussed.

Looks mint in that colour, and the wheels suit it nicely.

Turbos.
Not sure, wasnt exactly a great success before, was it?

One problem with the Focus RS is that i imagine it is a limited build again, so once it's done, it's done. The Megane's lifecycle will go on longer, giving Renault a chance to build a better car. Problem is, that will just harm residuals further...

Porsche Boxster987S
Want to see one in liquid yellow, Yummy!!!
Would also consider painting the panel under the headlights the same colour as the car. IMO it looks crap on the 200 and the 250.

dont think theyre doing it in LY

I just done like the 250. It looks like its got a heavy ass and just doesnt look aggresive at all. The front looks too weak and just like a normal megane. It has a wider stance which is good, but it just doesnt do anything for me. For a Sports model that comes from the company who made the V6, its a bit dissapointing.

toon

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
I know this is early days but does anyone think they'll do an 'R' version of this similar to the current R26r? I.e majorly track focussed.

i did read somewhere that they are looking into it but again it will be near the end of the current shape...

Think it could have been one of the q's that pistonheads put to the md of renaultsport, when they had that meeting late last year.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I think it's going to be called a trophy, could be wrong tho.

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Hopefully they'll make a RS250-R

I know from a sales point of view, the R26-R didn't quite sell as well as expected. (not really an essential car in the middle of a recession maybe!)

However, it was one of the most featured cars in last years motoring press.

So as a 'halo' product it has worked really well, raising awareness of the Renaultsport brand etc...

Anyway i just want them to make one so I can have a go;)

LY R26
That actual spec Lists @ £23208.05

Has:

-LED's
-Handsfree card
-Renaultsport moniter

The car was going to start £22k, however the VAT increase sees a base 250 Cup start at £22467.29

Deals to be had though

Front badge indeed reads RS, looks like it reads PLC in that pic!!

were selling standard cups at £19,995

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
Not a fan at all, sorry.

Front end is following the same trend as every other car manufacturer at the moment.

when I look at the front I just think, astra, focus, clio, seat ibiza, mazda 3.

The sort of, massively rounded and bubbled front end.. not for me.

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Not a fan at all, sorry.

Front end is following the same trend as every other car manufacturer at the moment.

when I look at the front I just think, astra, focus, clio, seat ibiza, mazda 3.

The sort of, massively rounded and bubbled front end.. not for me.

I agree to a point....

Unfortunately car manufacturers are forced to either produce a car that has the sloping bonnet/bubble look, or fit a pop-up bonnet (Nissan GT-R for example) for 'pedestrian safety' needs.

This, I think, is a shame.

I feel a bit sorry for car designers, who's job is getting harder and harder as design is being dictated more and more by health and safety:rolleyes:

Cars should have very sharp spikes attached to the steering wheel, pointing at the driver. Just watch the standard of driving inprove then;)

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
Yeah it's definately down to safety standards, as every car is getting far too rounded at the front and all look the same... which I know isn't always the people who make the cars fault, but I can't help but dislike the cars for this reason :(

Clio 197
I just done like the 250. It looks like its got a heavy ass and just doesnt look aggresive at all. The front looks too weak and just like a normal megane. It has a wider stance which is good, but it just doesnt do anything for me. For a Sports model that comes from the company who made the V6, its a bit dissapointing.

toon

What he said.

I might change my mind after seeing it out and about over the next year or so...

...oh hang on a minute, we're in a recession.

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
I think the red one with the black wheels looks fantastic, I also notice the wheels are the same design as the Clio 200 :)

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Two blokes just came in, one said 'that looks the business!' other guy said 'it's a girls car, get a Mercedes':S

Seems opinions are split! Lol

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Unless it was an AMG Merc he was suggesting then his opinion was clearly useless, or he was retired?:approve: