ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rs200 vs ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
The fuel consumption isnt THAT bad,maybe 2-+ km per litre less than the competitors

I'd struggle to get anything much more than 30mpg driving like miss daisy... Most of the time it'd sit around 26mpg

Pretty bad on today's standards especially for the turbo engines.

clio rs
Lol
This test has the new clio whice is pure sht
The previous generation is way better
Oh well as i thought its head to head st vs clio 3:)

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
There really is naff all between them all. It's down to personal choice. I'd rather have a Clio with an auto box than be seen dead in a VW product or a ruddy mini. That doesn't make either of them terrible I just have an irrational hatred of them!

Meg 300Cup
After owning most of the RS models, I really dont see where the Mk3 RS200 fits in
The 200 just isnt worth it to me, the r26 is about the same money, i got more MPG, was cheaper to insure, gearbox wasnt s**t, better seats, better interior in general all for the same money, or you can get a mint EP3, a nice FN2, DC5 even in that price range, all better options in my opinion. I cant see what would make you pick a 200 over all the other options out there unless it was a fair bit cheaper.

The only way id get back into a MK3 is if it had the 250 engine and box

I really hated my time with the 200, it was completely ruined by the gearbox issue, shame because its a nice looking car, but my renault dealer insisted it wasnt a common problem even after showing them all the same problems on here. I was lucky to get out of that car without it costing me thousands.

I love all the mk2s that i owned, you get so much for your money, and itll do 99% of what the 200 can but cheaper in every way from my experience the 200 just seems like such a bad deal at the moment.

Upto 3k get a 172/182, upto 9k get an R26 over 9k 250/265 is king

Meg 300Cup
The rs172/82 g
Has also shtyy gearbox... So how u liked it more ?
Its notchy but i drove mine much harder and longer than i managed in my 200 and never had a single problem

and when it costs less than a third as much you dont expect it to be better

clio rs
So all your angry/disapointment about the 200 is cuz of the gearbox?lol then its no that bad ,ithought u didnt like its performance handling and on..

Suzuki Jimny
Its notchy but i drove mine much harder and longer than i managed in my 200 and never had a single problem

and when it costs less than a third as much you dont expect it to be better

You can't say that because yours had a dodgy gearbox that all 200's are crap. Mine is really very good. I wouldn't want a R26 because i'm not a fan of boost, and the clio is more fun at lower speeds than a megane.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
The box on my 200 didn't break. But it didn't like being changed up or down quickly at all. Especially in 3rd.

clio rs
My experience with that gearbox was great in one car and not in another,i think this gb's has their own life and personality Lol
So individual[emoji15]

AG 200 CUP
It is luck of the draw with them mine has been spot on up to now and its on 42K, tbh the only way your are going to know which you prefer is to test drive them all. You can't go by what people are saying as half of it is biased anyway

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
The biggest problem with those new and especially with the st is the unswitchable esp !

You keep saying this which is odd seeing as you are completely 100% wrong.

Did you read this or experience it first hand yourself?

If you read it, what you read is wrong. If you experienced it either the ST you drove was broken or you don't know how to fully disable it.

I owned a Mk3 Clio 200 before I got my ST two years ago...did 30k in the Clio and I'm just about to hit 40k in the Fiesta.

On a track I'd probably take the Clio over the ST just for the sharp NA throttle response but on a road, with its boosted midrange, the ST is the far stronger car.

Status
Not open for further replies.