ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rs200 vs ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
  clio rs
Hi all
What do think about this comparing?
200 rs ( reg no cup) vs 208 gti ,mcs ,fiesta st ,corsa opc ,polo gti ,golf gti and all these new hot hatches?:¶

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Not the 208 gti. Corsa in my honest opinion is a skip.

Golf gti is a very different car.

Never driven one but the fiesta seems to be popular.

clio rs
Mcs = mini c.s.. ,yeah chris its not but of course i wrote it this way because i wanted too lol(noo,serious.. Lol) xd
Anyway take off the golf the comparison is between those rs200(reg no cup) vs 208gti,polo gti,fiesta st ,mcs(regular no john's cw)
Only handling and performance
You can just make list from x to x not must explain in words[emoji106]
As i see it(maybe im wrong) the rs and st head to head maybe st is better a bit but esp cant switch off and in rs 200 it can sooo... Just my opinion

Last edited:

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
They shouldnt ,because then you wont pass lel,admins please kick him or atleast delete his hate posts from here ,he doesnt help

If you dont have any smart/helpfull ideas/opinions just stfu.. Do me a favor

Ok how about you be a little more specific in what you are asking? What are you wanting to compare? You realise you are on a CLIO forum so will get a biased response don't you?

Most of the newer hot hatches will be 'better', but only if by better you mean better built, better equipment, better fuel economy. If you mean in terms of speed then again, most of the newer stuff will be 'better'. Handling however is a different story. In the twisty stuff, little will beat the mk3 RenaultSport Clios.

Why are you tring to compare a 5 year old car with brand new, they aren't comparible in terms of purchase price so it's pointless.

These things have been discussed to death, if you bothered to search the forum you would see that.

Is that a better response for you?

Learn to use the search, learn to format your posts so they are readable and you may get along a bit better round here.

clio rs
Much better:)
And if you already responsed to that,i dont think the new toys are better( handling&perfs+ the new toys cant turn off esp whice is shame ) maybe the st only.plus you said its clio's forum, so what honest people say the truth even if its bad fo them:)

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Much better:smile:
And if you already responsed to that,i dont think the new toys are better( handling&perfs+ the new toys cant turn off esp whice is shame ) maybe the st only.plus you said its clio's forum, so what honest people say the truth even if its bad fo them:smile:

e2d278c546432c8b0a30ce8982752deb56d0249aff996c923378fdf2524a5981.jpg

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
The newer hatches are probably better, but having not looked at half of that list before I couldn't tell you about those.

Fiesta ST is probably the best out of them new-for-new.

Fiesta is vastly superior overall. I can't see it being quicker point-to-point, but it's definitely faster in a straight line, nicer inside, and has one of the best manual gearboxes around, as opposed to one of the worst.

clio rs
The rs200's box( except if its reliable or not) its near perfect..short smooth and direct
The biggest problem with those new and especially with the st is the unswitchable esp !

I'm out. Anyone who thinks the 200 has a nice gear shift has almost certainly never driven any other car. They are great cars, but the gearbox is f**king s**t. Fact.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I wish people would stop trying to make clios sound like a cool car.

ford-rs-200-02.jpg

When 'are esse' is used to talk about French s**t boxes, I die a little inside.

We need to get this added to the forum rules I think. @Sunglasses_Ron :

22. An RS200 is an epic Ford, not your Clio. Don't besmirch the name. Breaking this rule will result in immediate expulsion from the forum (9001 points).

:smile:

OP, if you don't like the ST, the 208 is probably the next-least-sportiest.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
We need to get this added to the forum rules I think. @Sunglasses_Ron :

22. An RS200 is an epic Ford, not your Clio. Don't besmirch the name. Breaking this rule will result in immediate expulsion from the forum (9001 points).

:smile:

OP, if you don't like the ST, the 208 is probably the next-least-sportiest.

It's such a good thing I'm not green.

Points would be flying left, right and centre.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm out. Anyone who thinks the 200 has a nice gear shift has almost certainly never driven any other car. They are great cars, but the gearbox is f**king s**t. Fact.
Really?
I loved the gearboxes in my 197 and 200.

clio rs
208 the sportiest?-.-" thought its a good forum Lol ,can close the thread so pointless with the knowledge runing here

Tbh ? LAME
And clios are cool mr knuc

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Yep clio boxes are ok until you try and get a move on. They don't like being rushed.

And are made out of papier mache.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Cuz i have only non cup available around my town
:/
Yeah its weird u know.. Rs forum and really hate for that car lol
It's not hate.

They are good fun cars. I think there's an element of resentment as they're pretty crap on fuel for the performance and the gearboxes are known to crumble (although mine never did in over 20k).

Great chassis though and a lot of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.