ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS2 makes 150lbft for almost entire rev range and 190bhp on standard engine :)

mk2 Leon Cupra
Does it now. I love the way Its gone from my option on a Clio I used to own to me racing someone round bedford! Ha lol. This forum is well known for this sort of biz. Oh chip now I know why ur licking his @***, because u built an engine in the fastest track car in the world. *** lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Drag racing = all about power to weight (and grip off the line)
Round a track = all about the corners

Your car will be quicker in a straight line than Lee's clio im sure, lots of my cars are for example, but if you havent ever been in a PROPERLY setup clio round a track you wont have a clue what they can be made to handle like.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Love threads like this, always something entertaining going on.

The Leon I drove was a snore fest with a horrid ride, but that's just my opinion.

I personally would rather a smaller car with less power but great handling making for a good all rounder than something resembling the Titanic with bigger figures and a one trick pony.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ok so if it weighs 950 kg it will have 225bhp/ton mine weighs about 1250 so I have 276bhp/ton. I have coilovers, TTRs wishbones, front and rear arb, whiteline anti lift kit. Are u still sure?

Cool, you cant possibly lose then, I look forward to seeing the race on the 25th.
Make sure you get a video showing how you monster the rubbishy clio in your awesome Seat.

Ironically the last time I saw Lee on track with a Leon it beat him, even though Lee was in a car that had double the power to weight ratio (his sierra had 600bhp to the Seats 280bhp), go figure!

mk2 Leon Cupra
Mugs, all hail the clio. The holy grail of motoring! I won't buy a f40, mac f1 or r8 v10 I'll have a clio! There are better cars out there and my option is the Leon is a far superior car, 99% of clip owners can't drive them on the limit anyway! No one on here can swallow another members opinion! True.

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
I know the Leons you mean.... but I can never remember them even getting close to Sierra?

Cool cars though.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Mugs, all hail the clio. The holy grail of motoring! I won't buy a f40, mac f1 or r8 v10 I'll have a clio! There are better cars out there and my option is the Leon is a far superior car, 99% of clip owners can't drive them on the limit anyway! No one on here can swallow another members opinion! True.

Ive driven SO many different cars though, im a 37 year old who among other things has worked as a freelance motoring journalist and a vehicle mapper.
In your entire life you are unlikely to meet anyone less "blinkered" about cars than me, ive owned most makes of cars, jap/german/french/ford/vauxhall/minis etc, and have had the chance to drive lots of others as well.
I couldnt care less about people's opinions or whats trendy etc, or what make is on the badge, and certainly not what people on a forum tell me to think, I just like cars which are very good cars, and in the case of Lee's clio its a VERY good car.
Ive driven bedford in it and thought it was epic then got out of it and driven bedford in his exige s and then got back in the clio and still thought it was awesome, even back to back with a car like that.

Likewise Lee often takes his F430 to a trackday and his Clio as well, and then spends most of the day in the clio cause he enjoys it more!

Come along on the 25h, and i'm sure he'll take you out in it and show you what all the fuss is about, and then you'll understand :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I know the Leons you mean.... but I can never remember them even getting close to Sierra?

Cool cars though.

I saw one go around the outside of you at tower like he was on slicks and you were on road tyres, which funnily enough, im pretty sure he was and you were, lol

Mind you, might not have been you driving I guess, one car never tell with your cars, lol

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
I saw one go around the outside of you at tower like he was on slicks and you were on road tyres, which funnily enough, im pretty sure he was and you were, lol

Mind you, might not have been you driving I guess, one car never tell with your cars, lol

Nah. not me. May have been Roy driving or maybe Maria

Got me thinking of Combe now... we had some fun there in our Clios. They were VERY evenly matched that day!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Nah. not me. May have been Roy driving or maybe Maria

I wasnt close enough to see if it contained epic boobs or not, lol

Got me thinking of Combe now... we had some fun there in our Clios. They were VERY evenly matched that day!

Except you mean bedford, back when yours was a nearly standard cup and still belonged to Helen, and I'd just fitted bodies to my mk1?

That was one of the best days out at a track Ive had.

I'll have to do my best to make sure the new mk1 can give "colin 2" a run for its money there next year :)

It's a little way off still at the moment, LOL

994510ba.jpg

Or you're think of you and martin at combe and I was passenger perhaps (when we PROPER cut up that my mate of mine called Rob the evo owner who went mental on PF, lol), that was a good battle too, martin was on low boost so only running about 550bhp or so.

mk2 Leon Cupra
I know what the fuss is about I've been I'm many track cars even a track porker 944 was awesome but I'm talking every day power and handling the Leon is in my OPINON (iPhone changed it to option) a better car. Is that not fair for me to say?

LY R26 #288

Your more of a mug coming on a Clio forum and then slating clios lol. Of course people are going to have a more biased opinions on here.

I love people like you, who get another car then feel they have to go on about how poor the previous car was on the previous cars owners club.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Nope. I meant Combe. Was me you and Spiky. he kicked our asses.

Ah, I think that was mainly Lesley driving mine that day so not sure I got much time near yours.
Yeah spikeys was on a totally different level to ours back then, he's got a load more horsepower now too so still will be in a straight line even compared to your new engine, but I still reckon you stand a very good chance against him most places (although combe is a bit of a power circuit so maybe not there)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I know what the fuss is about I've been I'm many track cars even a track porker 944 was awesome but I'm talking every day power and handling the Leon is in my OPINON (iPhone changed it to option) a better car. Is that not fair for me to say?

Leon is a great car for going shopping in, nice big boot and got rear doors so easy to take old relatives to the doctors, that sort of thing, is that what you mean?

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
Nah Spikys car is on another level. VERY fast car. I had good play with him in my 911 and bedford one year. Take the main straight out of the equation where the 911 starts putting on BIG speed and they were almost evenly matched!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Nah Spikys car is on another level. VERY fast car. I had good play with him in my 911 and bedford one year. Take the main straight out of the equation where the 911 starts putting on BIG speed and they were almost evenly matched!

Ive not seen it out since he supercharged it so not sure how much better it will be now.
Was epic on the bodies engine though, but no more than yours should be in a few weeks :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Assume that was a typo on your phone again and that you mean a Peloquin (which is a cheap and nasty uprated copy of a quaiffe diff basically) rather than a peroquin, which is a bird IIRC.

Any uprated diff is certainly a very good mod over standard for that power.

What rods are you on for 330bhp/350ftlbs, as that would be properly chancing it on standards I beleive.

mondeo titanium tdci
Leons don't handle end of my cupra r had kw's varriant 3's on and still wanted to try and kill you on every bend quick in a straight line but shite round the bends
That's why I lost the love for the vag range and went out and got the clio
Fantastic straight out of the box

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
No they are rated to 500+. Thought knew a lot bout cars?

I'd never claim to be a VAG 20VT expert mate, Ive mapped a couple and thats about it, never even built one myself, this is a 260bhp VAg 20VT rod a friend had though:

website007.jpg

I know they vary a little between the different versions of those engines, but I didnt think ANY of them were really good for 500+ like you are claiming, but then it depends what use you are putting them to at the end of the day.

mk2 Leon Cupra
I've had a clio. I'm not saying its a bad car I've never said that Im saying in my OPINION (this word people are not understanding) the Leon is better. Was it a mk2 cupra r?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I've had a clio. I'm not saying its a bad car I've never said that Im saying in my OPINION (this word people are not understanding) the Leon is better. Was it a mk2 cupra r?

Think it was a BAM engine IIRC, no idea what he got it out of though, he likes ramming them into lotus's and mg's etc.

I think we all agree with you that the Seat is a nice daily car.

My mate has one he uses for emergency responding, its comfy, quick, handles "ok", nothing wrong with it really.
Just feels a bit out of place on a racetrack thats all.

mondeo titanium tdci
Yeah it was it was tuned by bill brockbank (badger 5) and the Ibiza cupra I owned was tuned by jabbasport I was on seatcupra.net for years till I found the Clio

mk2 Leon Cupra
I don't class it as a track car, it's a fast road car. It is a nice daily and a well made car. End of. Would like to meet with JRS tho.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Mart puts SCAT rods in any VAG 20v over 300bhp IIRC

Yeah its one of the things that put me off when I was consdering those engines for my clio, well that and the gearbox feels a bit nasty and they are on hydraulic lifters which I was keen to avoid.