ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS2 Inlet Ebay?

Trader Rating - 100%
13   0   0
  53 Clio's & counting
Hi @Bear Head - nothing new to reveal yet mate im afraid - don't worry it's all still in hand, there is just a lot behind the scenes dan and I have to work through - updates will come as soon as we can release them :)

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
My car will be for sale next week,if anyone wants an rs2d extra cup please pm me thanks

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Aside the beasting the Turkish inlet took originally on quality issues and the sellers attitude etc

Have we seen any results from it fitted and mapped yet?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
Update on the jms inlet and a bit of closure.Got the car back today,the lambda was screwed ,only 4 months old but s**t happens.The car is very responsive low down,and when it gets into say 70mph in third it has so much more go.The only thing i would say is DO NOT buy a rs tuner if you are planning more power or a remap in the future.Dan dropped the car back an hour ago which took me by surprise as i could hear a car from a mile away and wondered what it was,had a mad last 2 weeks with car and other problems.To those thinking of the inlet yes buy it,its not jump in car go like a turbo,but it selivers the power so muh better and sounds spot on.
Thanks Alex

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
If anyone is around Cardiff etc and wants to drive it feel free if your thinking of the jms inlet.Thank you to Dan as we have both had very stressful weeks and how sad am i out now in the wet washing it.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  BG Clio 182
If anyone is around Cardiff etc and wants to drive it feel free if your thinking of the jms inlet.Thank you to Dan as we have both had very stressful weeks and how sad am i out now in the wet washing it.
You gonna keep it Alex? Wish I was about as I'd love a go in it tbh, probably really sway me!

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
You dont need swaying the only snag is the pms exhaust is awesome but so bloody loud,i need a bigger filter on the rs2.the itg is going on tomz as i miss that ktec roar sound.But yes its a lovely piece of kit i took it up the dual carriageway just now,it shifts also get a lot of looks of people when you plant it,wether thats good or not he he

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
Glad you got it sorted and running well alex. This is the way it goes with cars sometimes especially french ones!
Personal stressers involved mate but thanks for the comment,iam sure that inlet will be ok when mapped,its the seller not the inlet i had the issue with.Going tbh this is the only car out of a string of french hot hatches i ve had that has ever caused a problem,hope yours does well and post the results up take care.

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Mine is booked in at rs tuning on the 23rd of nov so we will have some results then

Look forward to the updates! Was genuinely tempted by one, then saw the fun Alex had and the sellers response on here and was massively put off.
Although I still considered having Alex's when he offered it up cheap last month, but wanted to see figures after mapping before I committed.

its the seller not the inlet i had the issue with.
I only saw what was said in here, and don't have the insight of knowing what was said behind closed doors, but I can completely agree with that statement going off the sellers public response!

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
Look forward to the updates! Was genuinely tempted by one, then saw the fun Alex had and the sellers response on here and was massively put off.
Although I still considered having Alex's when he offered it up cheap last month, but wanted to see figures after mapping before I committed.

I only saw what was said in here, and don't have the insight of knowing what was said behind closed doors, but I can completely agree with that statement going off the sellers public response![/QUOTE HA HA thanks,just get the jms inlet spend the extra its awesome on the car.But you have to watch the speedo because its decieving you think your doing less than you are.

Trader Rating - 75%
3   1   0
The issues are well documented, the rstuner locks the ecu, and for me to map it, it requires sending away to be wiped. Sadly (in rare cases I'll add) the company I use for wiping them didn't have a copy of the original firmware for that particular ecu. So I advised them to put the closest they had to it on (basing on, if it worked then we are winning, if it didn't we were still having to source an ecu so no loss really). I do appreciate that companies like rstuning can do it regardless, but I don't have the equipment to get around it I'm afraid.

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just driven the car again.Love it much more torque and feels great to drive.Running a bigger new itg filter jc 60/77 just fitted and sounds much better than the smaller pipercross that came with the rs2 years ago.
I had that ITG to.....it fell apart though...did make a lurvely sound!

PX do the same type of filter too now...gonna try one of those...

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
sorry jc/60/67 how long before it fell apart it was a toss up between that ramair or pipercross.Who makes ktecs filters is it ramair?