ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS2 Inlet Availability

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Dan and Russ own the rights to the RS2 I've offered to do some donkey work to get it back on sale :)

Brucefil

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault sport Clio
got a few irons in the fire but i'd say 90% of people would want something for peanuts though :wink:
im going to install itbs and am selling mine what do you want to pay?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Whats 'peanuts' though? People were more than happy to pay for RS2's for just about a grand, so don't see why they wouldn't now if they were actually available to purchase as a DIY package, obviously having a full package including mapping/fitting etc would bring in more of a crowd but even just with a DIY option im sure they would sell quickly once people were aware they that were available.

In other news im not going to pay £700 for an SM inlet when an RS2 is only a few hundred more for a fully carbon product.

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
The SM inlet does the same job for less money so i don't see the draw of the RS2 unless you are more bothered about having a bit of carbon in the engine bay. The money you save buying the SM inlet pays for a remap

As for price point, once you venture over £700/800 i think you will lose a lot of customers, especially with the gains that are on offer for said cash.

The SM inlet does the same job for less money so i don't see the draw of the RS2 unless you are more bothered about having a bit of carbon in the engine bay. The money you save buying the SM inlet pays for a remap

As for price point, once you venture over £700/800 i think you will lose a lot of customers, especially with the gains that are on offer for said cash.

100% agree with this, would be to much money for not enough gain.

dan's cast offs.
im going to install itbs and am selling mine what do you want to pay?

peanuts!! i've already got one so don't really need another, i would have one if it was cheap though. mine was the first one fitted and then slagged off so i bought it cheap as a 'used' one.

Whats 'peanuts' though?

personally i think £500, was plenty of interest when the nugget was doing them at £490 delivered so once you get towards the £600 mark i reckon they wouldn't sell as easy?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I don't know, there seemed to be a lot of interest on Facebook at £650.

I think anything around £600 or less would sell, that way you could buy 197 cams and get a remap for around £1000.

I just spoke to the bloke making the newer ones (the Facebook one) he's saying there £700 including shipping and 50 units will be ready in 20 days time.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I don't know, there seemed to be a lot of interest on Facebook at £650.

I think anything around £600 or less would sell, that way you could buy 197 cams and get a remap for around £1000.

That is assuming you have the timing tools and knowledge to fit the cams/replacement cambelt & pulleys, more like 1.5k with a garage to do the belt and cams fitting would be a more actuate figure.

Although I would give the changing the belt a go to save the money, personally I would rather give it to someone who actually does it day in day out and considering my timing was well out they sorted that at the same time, also a good time to give the engine a once over whilst the cams are out.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
That is assuming you have the timing tools and knowledge to fit the cams/replacement cambelt & pulleys, more like 1.5k with a garage to do the belt and cams fitting would be a more actuate figure.

Although I would give the changing the belt a go to save the money, personally I would rather give it to someone who actually does it day in day out and considering my timing was well out they sorted that at the same time, also a good time to give the engine a once over whilst the cams are out.

That's true, as you can probably tell from the other thread, I don't really know how much it would be to fit cams etc.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
1.5k for around 20bhp & 20lb-ft is still shite by anyones standards mind you! :smiley: Wouldn't stop me doing it though and I guess its also about the torque over the rev range etc. Im not sure I need anything more than I have anyway, but we always want more dont we...

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
1.5k for around 20bhp & 20lb-ft is still shite by anyones standards mind you! :smiley: Wouldn't stop me doing it though and I guess its also about the torque over the rev range etc. Im not sure I need anything more than I have anyway, but we always want more dont we...

I suppose it's a good mid point for something between standard and turbo-ing as well or good for someone wanting abit more power without boosting or supercharging but yeh, I agree.

dan's cast offs.
I just spoke to the bloke making the newer ones (the Facebook one) he's saying there £700 including shipping and 50 units will be ready in 20 days time.

I honestly wouldn't believe a word he said and from people's experience with him already wouldn't trust him with 50p let alone hundreds of pounds.

If you do get one from him whatever you do pay by PayPal as goods and no other way.

Evo 5 RS
Just get Reverie to make you one. Hell, it might even be cheaper than what this Facebook bedroom dealer is quoting people. I had a fantastic piece of kit made up to house 90mm trumpets, but it was too restrictive. Their products are amazing, though.

https://www.reverie.ltd.uk/

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I've just sold my RS2, and to be honest I wouldn't bother with another one again. The gains are so little for the money you're paying, mine mapped to 185bhp with approx 150 ft/lb torque, the torque curve was pretty flat which is good for a daily driver, but you lose top end torque as a consequence. People will argue that the spread is better than peak, But when your driving fast and the revs are high the top end torque is lower with the RS2. My old 182 with standard airbox and aftermarket panel with 98Ron Map felt quicker and measuring speed at certain points on my normal drive give evidence that it was indeed faster (speedo may be at error here as we're only talking 2-3mph).

You'll also most likely end up wanting cams and another remap once you've got the RS2 if you don't go down that route straight away, so there is another £1000-£1500 on top once you've added the belt change too. So you're at £2k-2.5k for a clio with around 200bhp.

When the RS2 came out it was big because no one was offering anything better. You can now go down to Engine Dynamics and hand over £2500-3000 for a low boost turbo install that'll give you 230bhp and over 200ft/lb torque.

I guess it depends what you're looking for and whether you want to stay N/A. But if N/A is want you want i don't think it's worth spending £k's for an extra 20bhp. Decent exhaust, and intake mods and efi mapping should see you hit 185bhp. Spend the rest on suspension setup and sticky tyres if you want a faster clio.