ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS192 Fitted

Liquid yellow 182
Fitted an RS192 this week, and gave her a quick clean :D

P230509_1404.jpg

P230509_1403.jpg

Ultra Red Megane 175
Hmmm was considering one of these myself, but went for the Janspeed instead. Notice any difference with it?

Liquid yellow 182
Initially we thought it was loud.... but its not really - just deeper. Suits the car. Most difference is the tone 2k - 3k rpm, then at the top end it's got more grr. Dual carriageway its not that much noiser than standard when cruising. Can still talk and listen to the radio etc.

Can't notice any performance change.

Recaro'd 182
mine went a different colour after a trackday. It isnt a stainless steel colour anymore.. i dont know if you can use metal polish on it to bring the colour back to its original form? looks good from new though.
did you fit new exhaust mounts? mine sits alot better in the cut outs as i replaced the mounts and fitted it myself so got it spot on.

Liquid yellow 182
Milltek say to use brasso, or silvo or something.

It does feel like it's made from quite thin sheet, and the silencers are made by two end plates welded around a T-joint to the sheet that forms the body of the can. All the welds look fine but you can see on the welds where the heat has discoloured the thin sheet. This may be completely usual... i haven't ever worked with stainless before.

Clio 182 Trophy
Good choice. Ive got the full system on mine and it sounds lovely.

I raised mine up a little by packing the rubber mounts with M12 Nuts and used tie wraps to hold them in place.

Liquid yellow 182
I used cable ties to pull it central and up... i'll give them a tweak.
I'll see about vids in a bit.

Black Gold Trophy
I spent ages playing with mine trying to make it sit up in the bumper, but it will never look perfect as you get so far then the boxes begin to touch the boot floor.