ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Tuning Rolling Road Day 23/03/2013

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
This still going to be on? I'm meant to be travelling down to Leeds tonight but its not looking promising. Luckily I have still my winter tyres fitted ha.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Whats the weather like down there at the moment? Looks like the weather may prevent me traveling down depending how bad it gets....

RS200 & PH2 172
Its hardly owt down here in my opinion, will message paul and see what he says about a reschedule. Don't want to cancel and loose deposits. Only need a third to make it thou to still have 10. But its if we have 10 people that can get there in the snow

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
At the moment, me and my mate are still good to make it.

Weather won't stop me getting there, its other clowns on the road that will lol.

Hopefully you won't have to reschedule.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
If you guys want to re-arrange thats not a problem but we can keep an eye on the weather and see how it goes. I'll aim to get in for 9.00 so hopefully see you all there.

RS200 & PH2 172
My plan.... Get up early in morning and see what weather has done in night, rearranging is the sensible option so my idea is if ten want to do it and that's ok with Paul then we can take ten cars to make it worthwhile, if not I guess the weather has stopped the fun and we will have to sort another day

340i
I was at RStuning today, most of the main roads where ok... But snow was starting to settle on the M1 at 17:00 when driving back.

I imagine its not going to be great tomorrow. :(

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Just drove from Cumbria to Birmingham then up to Leeds on M1. Was a fair bit of snow, but nothing to stop you getting anywhere.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Its around 100 miles from me to RS so im going to have to miss it, if it can be rearanged il be game for that.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Not sure I'll be able to get the BM out of the car park gents. It looks to be a good 6-8 inches.

RS200 & PH2 172
Am the same really with Clio, my driveway is deep..... Main road looks ok but it's managing to make it off my drive and I ain't got a tow rope to drag it with my jag if I get stuck. Think we may have to postpone folks :(

RS200 & PH2 172
Right folks after a few messages and texts think the best thing is to postpone for today. Not worth risking someone smashing a car up to try get there. Snow has stopped play... Anyone for sledging?

I will be sorting an alternative date out later on and will keep everyone posted, but in the meantime enjoy this horrible weather that has stopped the fun.

Thanks Andy, I'm not far from RS and its not great on side roads. Id have been unable to attend if it was going ahead as my cars stuck over in seacroft at a body shop and they advised me not to bother as its bad up there.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Thanks Andy, I'm not far from RS and its not great on side roads. Id have been unable to attend if it was going ahead as my cars stuck over in seacroft at a body shop and they advised me not to bother as its bad up there.

Body shop in seacroft? The only ones I know of do cut and shuts!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Note to self - check thread next time.

I did. But i had already stopped over in Leeds so thought i would head down anyway and see if it was open as wanted to discuss some stuff with Paul.

I was just hoping he was open really. I knew the snow was mental in some places.

RS200 & PH2 172
Am trying to arrange another date but due to holiday, and bank holidays its looking like June unfortunately. Once I have my next rota come through I will be sorting a date out with Paul and will post it up. If anybody wants their deposits back just drop me a PM and will sort it out for them. I have paid a deposit to RSTuning so I will be organizing another date 100% as don't want to loose my deposit.

RS200 & PH2 172
Hey guys apologies for the delay, been a nightmare time trying to sort a weekend that I am free with the 3 bank holidays and to top it off my business partner broke his shoulder and had to have a bone graft so weekends have been a nightmare. Finally got a date so I have messaged Paul and as soon as I have some news I will post details up

Cheers Andy