ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS TUNERS

clio 172 cup
this has probs been covered before but iv got a track 172 with 182 manifold and induction kit on and was just wondering
how much hp one of these would add to the car ????
and what level i would be best to go for ???
or should i just go for a re-map from a local company who claims that i would only get 10-12 hp from a re-map

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
What company says that increase, just curious. The tuner won't really increase the bhp, will make it nicer to drive though

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I'm trying to remember what rs tunning got out of my old phase 1. I think it started with 167 and ended up with 174 maybe less. Unless your tunning is out now 10-12 bhp seems a bit much. Or I could be wrong as my memory is crap lol.

clio 172 cup
just wondering witch way is best to go
as i know davie at sos wouldn't give out crap figures if anything he would give a lower figure
as his rollers disappoint lots of peoples figures.... from other tuners
and he does before and after graphs !!!!!!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
And the cost? Imo with what you have, tuner 100%. If you had cams etc then obv it would need to be mapped on a dyno. Another thought is why don't you get it dynod and see what it is now? The only issue with that is if he wants the business it will read low

clio 172 cup
i know the guy if it only increased by 1 hp that's what he would tell you
and a re-map is £200 so you take your chance

turbo 182
Rs tuner was 1 of the best mods I done on my Clio for drive ability was used as diagnostics tool as well, then sold it on and got half my money back

focus st3
As has been covered many times these cars dont seem to keep the power,RS Tuning got 14bhp back from my old 182 because it was running at a meagre 160bhp on its first run.When he had finished it felt a different car,same goes with the RS tuners they make the car feel a bit more perky.So don't take it as 10-12bhp over what they are supposed to be but what the tuner can get you back.

focus st3
Do a power run on a rolling road day for 35 quid, then see if or how far the cars out.If its pulling what's expected get the RS tuner and sell it on when your bored.If its down, go the tuning company route.