ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Tuner Unlocking?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
mine was locked by previous owner,and just bought licence and map i thought that was the norm aswell

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
1) Nothing has changed
2) to avoid problems when buying a secondhand interface, make sure it comes UNLOCKED by the previous owner as they already know there are different license prices they are very keen to sell it locked.

Did I mention already you need to buy a 2nd-hand one UNLOCKED as was posted years ago in the 2nd-hand section of this forum ?
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?420716-READ-before-you-buy-a-2nd-hand-RSTuner

EDIT: Just read your linked thread.

So if a seller used it on a Clio V6, then the buyer has to use the Clio V6 unlock code?

Whereas from Clio 2 to another Clio 2 just needs the Clio 2 code.

Seems a bit unfair the unlock code relates to the source vehicle rather than destination?

Last edited:
EDIT: Just read your linked thread.

Seems a bit unfair the unlock code relates to the source vehicle rather than destination?

There is no way for the interface to know which vehicle is going to be programmed next.
Exactly the reason why you need to purchase a secondhand one UNLOCKED.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Exactly the reason why you need to purchase a secondhand one UNLOCKED.
There is no way for the interface to know which vehicle is going to be programmed next.

Thanks for clarifying.

So if I remap my 182 then use the Clio 2 unlock code and sell it on, they will be able to use it on any car as long as they buy the right map?

Last edited:
mine was locked by previous owner,and just bought licence and map i thought that was the norm aswell

Crossing a street without looking or not wearing a condom works well also.... most of the times.

Did I already mention that if you want to buy a secondhand RSTuner you need to purchase it UNLOCKED to avoid possible license issues ??

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
we have all been lucky then,anybody looking to purchase a 2nd hand unit this post is pretty useful incase of the above happening

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Crossing a street without looking or not wearing a condom works well also.... most of the times.

Did I already mention that if you want to buy a secondhand RSTuner you need to purchase it UNLOCKED to avoid possible license issues ??

Lol! I read that first time about crossing a street without wearing a condom...

RS Clio 182
Btw I use shell v power nitro plus all the time which is 99ron any chance instead of the 98ron map I can get the 99ron map if there is one? Fastchip

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
its a awesome bit of kit though idle is perfect and power delivery smooth,so cant fault it 1 bit

M3, Cup racer'd 182
1) Nothing has changed
2) to avoid problems when buying a secondhand interface, make sure it comes UNLOCKED by the previous owner as they already know there are different license prices they are very keen to sell it locked.

Did I mention already you need to buy a 2nd-hand one UNLOCKED as was posted years ago in the 2nd-hand section of this forum ?
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?420716-READ-before-you-buy-a-2nd-hand-RSTuner

Sorry to be a pain in the arse Fastchip
I've just read the above link and think i understand why you couldn't unlock it now (can you confirm), so with the original car being a megane 3 rs250 and i was trying to unlock it with a Clio 2 licence?

Because i cannot get in contact with the original owner other than traveling 3 1/2 hours away could i not buy the unlock code for the megane 3 rs250 vehicle? And purchase the 98ron map to do a 172?

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Sorry to be a pain in the arse @Fastchip
I've just read the above link and think i understand why you couldn't unlock it now (can you confirm), so with the original car being a megane 3 rs250 and i was trying to unlock it with a Clio 2 licence?

Because i cannot get in contact with the original owner other than traveling 3 1/2 hours away could i not buy the unlock code for the megane 3 rs250 vehicle? And purchase the 98ron map to do a 172?

AFAIK the code is generated from a code you give him found on your car. So you wont be able to use a licence from a different car

M3, Cup racer'd 182
I might be wrong but from what i understand after reading all about this it's the VCI that needs to be unlocked to enable it to communicate with the ecu, but then you also need to give ecu codes and purchase a map (of your choice) so the previous map can be overwritten.

Its the VCI i'm having problems unlocking as it was purchased to do a megane 3 rs 250 but my car i'm trying to do is a 172.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Sorry to be a pain in the arse @Fastchip

From what I understand using the megane unlock code should get it working for you.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
That's what i'm hoping but on the website i can't find the megane 3 option only megane2/Laguna.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Fastchip i've emailed you a few days ago through your website regarding not being able to find the megane 3 option for a licence. I haven't had a email back so not sure if your busy or just avoiding me, i cannot return the tuner to the original owner and guarantee him unlocking it so to save the hastle i don't mind paying the price myself to get it unlocked.

Can you PM me a link that i'd need to purchase in order for me to get this RStuner unlocked please.