ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Tuner query

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Read ECU - then follow instructions on screen.

Read Cal - then follow instructions on screen.

You'll have to save an .RST file after reading the ECU. Then a .Cal file after you have read the Calibration.

Once you have saved these, click write ECU and follow instructions. It will ask you select a file, pick the .RST file Henk sent you (you need to save it to your laptop beforehand).

Once the RST file is successfully written, connect to the ECU again, then write the .Cal file. Follow the instructions, then select the .Cal file Henk sent.

You need to have the laptop plugged into mains and the car on a 12v charger ideally. Can take up to 40mins.

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
When I press Read ECU, I get a message "Could not obtain security access to ECU. Invalid VCI licence, please unlock VCI first"
It was a new unit and I have sent the screen shots to Henk and received the above back.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Ok, so I'll have to get in touch with Henk from the off to find out what I need to write.

One question I have - in the guides on fastchip site it says about charging the battery while carrying out ECU write, does everyone actually do this? I have no idea how long the battery will last with the ignition on.

I did yes, because I have a 12v charger. You can run the risk, but if the battery dies when your halfway though it can cause problems with the ECU / Map writing.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
When I press Read ECU, I get a message "Could not obtain security access to ECU. Invalid VCI licence, please unlock VCI first"
It was a new unit and I have sent the screen shots to Henk and received the above back.

Are you 100 per cent sure it's a new unit? I had that, but mine is second hand. Henk sent a VCi unlock code to me which you should enter before doing what I've said above.

Last edited:

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
Are you 100 per cent sure it's a new unit? I has that, but mine is second hand. Henk sent a VCi unlock code to me which you should enter before doing what I've said above.

Bought direct from Fastchip. NEW.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Mmm.

Has your car been mapped by anyone else / including RS Tuner beforehand? You can tell as when you first connect the page will open with a list of programming history.

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
Best to contact Henk? I thought something was up and assumed use read ECU, Read Cal etc was correct order.

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
You'll need to email Henk then I am afraid bud. Take a screenshot when you open RS Tuner and sent it to him with the email.

Thanks for you help Cub.
The instructions don't make sense to me, as others have said but this really perplexed me.

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
Henk had sent me some files but I can only open them in Bump. They then only try to open in Adobe and won't actually open at all. Is there an alternative way to open these as these may be the unlock coeds I need?

Last edited:
They are the ECU firmware (RST) and the engine map (cal).

These are what you write to the ECU using the RS Tuner windows software.

No.

The VCI unlock code gets emailed to you, once you go through the "unlock" process, then you return to the unlock screen (the rightmost button on the main menu/functions bar IIRC?) and type the code into a box manually. I realise you shouldn't need to do this if it's brand new and hasn't been fiddled with previously.

EDIT: Wait, so have you actually emailed Henk about the VCI Locked issue?

Check the two emails I sent you on 11 March. If you haven't received them please let me know.