ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Tuner Problem - Assistance required ASAP

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
I received my unlock code - thanks Henk.

Checked my Ecu info, as follows:

rs.jpg

My software version is 8200 and the calibration version is 7804 (the car has an overrun map done by JMS, which I want to remove).

As the ECU is up to date, I proceded to just install the .cal file for the 98ron map (no pops) called: RST_EL_1992_Clio 182 8200_7804_F4R738_RON98_1110.cal

At the end of the process (3 minutes or so) a message pops up saying "Write verification failed" and the rstuner disconnects.

I re-connected to find this:

fcuked1.jpg

Oh shat.

I haven't turned the key.

Should I try reloading the cal file?

Help.

Megane 225 F1
Load your original files back on. Both .cal and .rst.

Then try again.

Your car won't turn over now , but don't worry by putting originals back on , will sort it.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Ok bud. Just re-tried the cal, same thing.
I've put my battery jumper on charge, as I think that might be an issue too.

Will do the RST now, with fingers crossed...

Megane 225 F1
I'm hoping you did a back up of your original files ? That's what you should be putting on now. Also you should have been using a battery charger anyway, because I'd the battery dies, you can f**k the ecu.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Yeah backed up the ecu file, the cal one would not backup - I want to remove that fcker anyway.

Rst went back on fine and when I reconnected, the correct ecu info was displayed. Attempted to write the cal again and it gave the same error and back at square 1. Just reloading the Rst file again now.

Hopefully it will fire with the oem Rst file? Take it for a run, then stick charger on and try the cal again?

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Original Rst file on, car drives. No map (obviously, thank fook no popping) but does need mapping still.

No cruise now tho... Hmmmm

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
No cruise is a common bug, after a few drives it should work again

Cool. At renparts, maybe it will start working on the drive home.

Still need to sort the 98ron map though. Emailed henk, will see what he says. Tempted to try it as soon as I get back with the battery having had a fair whack of juice on the run home. Couple it with a jump start battery and see of it works....

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Stuck the charger on, same thing.

Must be this cal file that's duff.

Cruise control cam back on way home. Just need a map now!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I'm hoping you did a back up of your original files ? That's what you should be putting on now. Also you should have been using a battery charger anyway, because I'd the battery dies, you can f**k the ecu.

Indeed, very important that you dont rely on the battery voltage alone when flashing an ECU.

Ideally should be on a proper stabilised power supply, but a battery charger is a lot better than nothing!

I use one of these, which has a supply feature built in and is pretty affordable:
http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/ctek/mxs25-12v-battery-charger-and-conditioner.aspx

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Indeed, very important that you dont rely on the battery voltage alone when flashing an ECU.

Ideally should be on a proper stabilised power supply, but a battery charger is a lot better than nothing!

I use one of these, which has a supply feature built in and is pretty affordable:
http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/ctek/mxs25-12v-battery-charger-and-conditioner.aspx

Charger connected and I no longer recieve the warning that the battery doesn't have more than 12.3v - but I'm still getting the same result when trying to load the cal file.

Does anyone have a 8200_7804 98 ron cal that they can send me to eliminate the file itself?

clio 172 cup
Im sure I have it pm your email if you like.

Sorry just checked I have the 6500 5b03 98 Ron

Last edited:
  Megane 225 F1
I'll see if I have it at home for you later tonight buddy. I have a whole collection of files ;)

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
I'll see if I have it at home for you later tonight buddy. I have a whole collection of files ;)

You're a gentleman, a scholar and an acrobat.

After a bit more browsing I think the cal file I have is wrong. It doesn't state if its for a CB22 in the file name. I think I need this: 8200_7804 RON98 CB22 May 2009 performance.cal

Although May 2009 is a long time ago!

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Email Henk as well, he is very helpful. Might take a day to reply though.

Have done mate, emailed him straight away and updated him throughout - inc the link to the thread.

I think I've covered every base now and narrowed it down to the cal.

ONE THING I WILL SAY though, is that the remap of the these cars is a fckin definate - I had no idea how BAD the standard map feels, compared to the 98ron one (Ok, I did have the overrun bit, but the map is practically the same).

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
everytime i see a thread like this it reminds me why i wont bother buying a rs tuner. what a total hassle.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
99% get done hassle free only the odd one gets problems very easy to use the rstuner

Agreed, even tho it isn't working right for me, the map is defo worth it, not mentioning the diag component too.

Just at ikea :( will try rockers' file in an hour.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Finally sorted it.

I was right, the CAL file I had was duff - or just not meant for my car.

The one from Rockers loaded and the car is now mapped.

I hope this panicky thread is of use to someone in the future!

Thanks for the help and replies.