ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rs tuner advice

Renault Clio 182
hi guys, getting a rs tuner, I've added the airbag module to the options....
Once it's arrive is that the time you download the different modes?
Ie pop and bang mode etc...
Or do you need to buy the different modes along with the actual unit, the website is really messy and it's not too clear what's avalible.
Any advice would be awesome cheers

When you send henk the screenshot of the code he usually replies within 24hrs with yr unlock code and Map. The 98 RON map is default. If youve purchased the pop and bang map he will send you this instead.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
its a bleeding awful site i sent off for new license and 98 map again just sent him a screenshot but mine says fastchip on the screen even though i got standard spec figures lol

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
fair play though,henk replies to my messages and sent my codes asap and a help manual very helpful but the site is a minefield imo

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
right I'm a bit confused here.
Can somebody who knows for a FACT what the 98ron map does reply please.

ive just taken my car out to get some fuel etc and while on a long dual straight I planted it in 2nd gear and hit the limiter at 7.5k done the same in third, planted it and hit the limiter at 7.5k.

ive got an RS tuner on order and was wondering if it will show any other map that could have possibly been done?
The bloke who had the car before me said it had been mapped but couldn't remember where or what map (he had no reason to lie I bought it from a car garage, I just got his number off old paperwork - I'm only the 2nd owner from new)
Will whatever the ECU is running have a distinct code to a version of a map? As in a standard ECU version has a certain code?
I did plug bobs rs tuner in at oulton but it didn't show any maps, just the same code as his standard ECU but that could of been because the module is locked to his ECU I guess.

I will find out when mine arrives but I'm just curious if every map has a distinct code so I can cross reference it and try and find out what it is and who done it if there is one. I don't want to be putting the 98ron map on and then finding out it has actually been properly mapped somewhere else.
I can save the current ECU file anyway cant I and revert back to it of I wish?

glad that's off my chest :)

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
so how will I know what map its got?
can I revert back to it if I put the 98ron map on just to see if its any better?