ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Grille Issues

BG Clio 182 - Recaro
Hi all

If someone can put some light on this it would be of great help

I have a BG 182 FF, It has a s**t painted Rs grille so i thought i would purchase a new one, if i dont like the look i would get it sprayed professionaly.

I purchased one from sutton park renault, picked it up and thought great, went to fit it and it doesnt fit due to not having a bonnet pin (sensor for when closed) hole

Renault said they will get back to me asap - 5 days later; we have had no issues with this before so either the bonnet pin is aftermarket or you have to drill the hole :/

so drill the hole and let it crack? as its very flexy and theres no flat area to put it down

what do i do?

cant re paint old one as all the clips are broken as well

Please help

Ph2 Meg 225
I had to drill mine! If you mark out the location and then drill it on the car, as long as your measurement was correct you won't cause any damage :)

I think 182's dont have bonnet sensors anyway... Could be wrong but I'm sure Fred mentioned in a thread not too long ago. Mine doesnt have the sensor, the plug just sits idle under the slam panel. Doesnt affect locking or anything. Jon

Clio 182
I think 182's dont have bonnet sensors anyway... Could be wrong but I'm sure Fred mentioned in a thread not too long ago. Mine doesnt have the sensor, the plug just sits idle under the slam panel. Doesnt affect locking or anything. Jon

Mine's exactly the same, not really sure what the story behind it is