ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS - Feel the Need

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Crikey, that's not many miles. Hope everything is sorted to your satisfaction.

So far they have taken it very seriously.

Apart from the long date for it being booked in (partially my fault for being busy) they have agreed to everything I asked.

They did ask about my profession when I stated a few things to which they then notified only an engineer would be able to help me but they obliged and said I would get a call so let’s wait and see.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Mark did you car start to loose the pops and bangs whilst changing gear as it was beginning to fail?

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
So far they have taken it very seriously.

Apart from the long date for it being booked in (partially my fault for being busy) they have agreed to everything I asked.

They did ask about my profession when I stated a few things to which they then notified only an engineer would be able to help me but they obliged and said I would get a call so let’s wait and see.
What does your profession have to do with anything? Were you asking some technical questions or something?

Sorry, should've added, great to hear they're taking things seriously.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
What does your profession have to do with anything? Were you asking some technical questions or something?

I don’t know, maybe the person was just curious but it beats me.

And ye basically a question that was too technical for the person on the phone lol

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Mark did you car start to loose the pops and bangs whilst changing gear as it was beginning to fail?

Nope. Apart from the misfire on startup and the dwindling coolant level it performed exactly as it always did. Popped and banged when I'd expect it to, used as much fuel as it normally did, and traced the same curve at the rolling road. As I said in my video I think the 'problem' is only a problem as and when the engine cools down, at all other times it works just as it should.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Nope. Apart from the misfire on startup and the dwindling coolant level it performed exactly as it always did. Popped and banged when I'd expect it to, used as much fuel as it normally did, and traced the same curve at the rolling road. As I said in my video I think the 'problem' is only a problem as and when the engine cools down, at all other times it works just as it should.

Hmm, mine seems down on power and sluggish and the pops and bangs seem to be happening less and less now.

It’s not like it’s a fuel problem either as I’m using the same fuel from the same garage as always

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Hmm, mine seems down on power and sluggish and the pops and bangs seem to be happening less and less now.

It’s not like it’s a fuel problem either as I’m using the same fuel from the same garage as always

I did convince myself that mine wasn't running quite right, I was convinced I'd see something different between the before and after dyno power runs that would back that thought up. When that showed no such thing I looked through all of my fuel logs looking for something but again found nothing...and ended up concluding that I was just imagining it. I took it out for a blast, kicked it's head right in, and realised it was perfectly fine when up to temperature and if anything the thoughts I had may have been because I was hesitant about driving it so hard because I thought it was about to go bang.

Good luck with the new engine really hope everything works out with this, such a horrible feeling having to hand over your investment to someone you've never met.

Clio 182
It’s a shame this has happened but I’m happy it happened to you and I don’t mean that in a horrible way.

I like the way your taking us all on the journey and documenting what’s going on and how dealerships sort these issues. Normally you just read a rant on a forum and we don’t get the full picture.
Keep up the videos.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Hmm did you get any technical data on the updates?

I.e. different turbo etc etc

Nothing as yet. I still haven't yet called Ford CRC to ask what I'm going to get from them to support and document the change on my now non-original RS. I've seen today something technical from Ford on a 'cross drilled' something or other on the engine that looks like it's going to be rolled out. Does mine have it? I think that likely as it was only made about four weeks ago.

Good luck with the new engine really hope everything works out with this, such a horrible feeling having to hand over your investment to someone you've never met.

I had every faith in the dealership as they've been so good to me as a returning and local customer with another Ford they also service. The fact the mechanic was happy to drop everything and give me five minutes speaks volumes.

It’s a shame this has happened but I’m happy it happened to you and I don’t mean that in a horrible way.

I like the way your taking us all on the journey and documenting what’s going on and how dealerships sort these issues. Normally you just read a rant on a forum and we don’t get the full picture.
Keep up the videos.

This is all I ever want to do...document my ownership so that, in many years to come if/when I finally come to sell mine, the history of it will be just about the best most documented one around!

It's probably made you a good chunk of additional viewers and subs tbh!

You could say that...it's grown enough to fund a trackday or two next year...if I can keep the momentum going that is!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Presentation1.jpg

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
f**k me!

You made £300 from talking about how ford produced an engine that fails and then followed the process up!

Where’s my go-pro! I want some light at the end of this shitty tunnel!

The early part of those 90 day charts above, where all the lines are really low...that was earning me £20-£30 per month. Since the beginning of this engine failure episode I've been averaging £20-£30 a day LOL

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Can see why when people ask their kids what they want to do when they grow up

‘YouTube star’

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
The early part of those 90 day charts above, where all the lines are really low...that was earning me £20-£30 per month. Since the beginning of this engine failure episode I've been averaging £20-£30 a day LOL

Lol my first ever YouTube video, straight off the phone whilst the car was working a few weeks ago!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Was that video like sped up at all? Something about it seemed really jittery!

Glad you got it back though!

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Mark could you do us a favour if possible?

When you get the engineering report for the failed engine make sure you ask for some pictures, especially of the section on the head gasket that sits between cylinder 2 and 3 and also 3 and 4.

I have just spotted something common on a US group and I’m wondering if it’s the same for yourself and myself here?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Was that video like sped up at all? Something about it seemed really jittery!

Not at all...I'm not sure why it would appear so.

Mark could you do us a favour if possible?

When you get the engineering report for the failed engine make sure you ask for some pictures, especially of the section on the head gasket that sits between cylinder 2 and 3 and also 3 and 4.

I have just spotted something common on a US group and I’m wondering if it’s the same for yourself and myself here?

My case has progressed with Ford CRC, I'm getting a call back from them on Monday...I'll be asking for everything.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/272935884955

I don’t know the fitment of your car but I’ve just seen these... they would look immense.

Mmmmm. If only. I've sworn to myself not to buy more wheels, from past experience, it's the top of a very slippery slope.

In other news, annoyingly, I'm starting to lean heavily towards FPM375. At some point in the future. Maybe.

Evo 5 RS

My case has progressed with Ford CRC, I'm getting a call back from them on Monday...I'll be asking for everything.

Mmmmm. If only. I've sworn to myself not to buy more wheels, from past experience, it's the top of a very slippery slope.

In other news, annoyingly, I'm starting to lean heavily towards FPM375. At some point in the future. Maybe.

lol! New engine, might as well go for it. Although might want to think it through a bit more, these cars are clearly very highly strung already.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
lol! New engine, might as well go for it. Although might want to think it through a bit more, these cars are clearly very highly strung already.

If it's properly fixed, as I believe it is, then it'll still have full Ford warranty. I'm not like so many others worrying about if it's going to start leaking again, I'm just enjoying driving it, a lot. If it does happen again, Ford will deal with it again.

Grr, I'm starting to convince myself.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Best to wait until that`s official then.

Well I’m looking at the dreamscience system when it’s fixed again lol.

It leaves no trace and has 3 maps to choose from, highest output is about 385-390bhp with no hardware required.

Fiesta ST Stage 3

Ha I knew you would crack eventually ............ Everyone needs more power .