ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS - Feel the Need

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Anyone know a rough figure of how many cars are affected so far.

There’s a list of over 100 in Europe circulating with more being added each day.

In the grand scheme of things not a huge percentage but obviously not everyone has contributed to the list.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Cheers @Dan that's a pretty bad problem I think for a new car.

It is, and ford cannot just dismiss the issue which is good.

But compared to other high price cars this issue isn’t as common as others it’s just at the forefront of the media/ social media because the car is so good when it’s working lol

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
It is, and ford cannot just dismiss the issue which is good.

But compared to other high price cars this issue isn’t as common as others it’s just at the forefront of the media/ social media because the car is so good when it’s working lol
So true. It is a great car to drive.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
It would be the same reaction if M3/4's started exploding. Its a premium flagship model so they are going to have to tread carefully.

You say that but BMW have not long released a safety recall on M4 and M3 disks because they keep cracking and it’s quite common too!

But it’s not as in your face as this issue with the RS.

I think it’s because of the different types of owner as well tbh.

The RS has a younger crowd as it’s cheaper and usually a gay light blue colour to match their trainers! They run off to Facebook to tell the world the car has messed up and the world is over because it’s happened to them, and then share it 5000 times in every RS group going.

The M3/M4 owners are usually people in their 30/40s because they cost so much to buy, and aren’t too fussed with social media either they just want their car fixed without a cost lol.

Look at the theft adverts out there, fords all over the place.

Most stolen cars in the UK = X5, Range Rover and M3/M4s

No ford in the top 10 currently lol.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
You say that but BMW have not long released a safety recall on M4 and M3 disks because they keep cracking and it’s quite common too!

But it’s not as in your face as this issue with the RS.

Lol you're right it's not even nearly the same.

The odd cracked disc here and there. New discs and maybe pads, done.

Total engine failure. Lose your car for a week plus the anxiety of it starting to occur in the first place.

I'm being a ford bum boy with this issue, I think it'll still be a hugely desirable car, but to say there's anything similar on other hot cars atm is a fallacy.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Lol you're right it's not even nearly the same.

The odd cracked disc here and there. New discs and maybe pads, done.

Total engine failure. Lose your car for a week plus the anxiety of it starting to occur in the first place.

I'm being a ford bum boy with this issue, I think it'll still be a hugely desirable car, but to say there's anything similar on other hot cars atm is a fallacy.

Of course it a different fault.

But in terms of safety and the severity of the fault regarding potential injury etc brakes failing is up there.

I’m not saying the engine problem is fine and shouldn’t be so in the lime light, it should! it will be sorted quicker lol.

But the difference in owner, causes a different type of public reaction.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Not sure having an engine fitted to a car is great news! Maybe having a baby, getting engaged lol

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure having an engine fitted to a car is great news! Maybe having a baby, getting engaged lol

I see it as fantastic news! I'm back to zero miles on my engine and it's come with a whole load of new parts and revisions...and hopefully a full fix to the problem of the leaking coolant...I'm still working on trying to find that out for sure though.

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
I see it as fantastic news! I'm back to zero miles on my engine and it's come with a whole load of new parts and revisions...and hopefully a full fix to the problem of the leaking coolant...I'm still working on trying to find that out for sure though.
you've certainly got your money's worth out of Ford anyway. That's a great positive :smile:

Clio 182
I hope you get it sorted.
I like the fact you update the threads and give the full story. I’m keen to see how it all pans out.

Evo 5 RS

tobeymaguireface.jpg
Yeah lol.

Tit.