ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Fabrications Exhaust - Clio V6

Better than yours. C*nt.
Only a couple of iPhone pictures for now as I've got to wait for Russell to upload the proper pictures, but got a video of it as well. Have to say it's been worth the wait and the money - the work is absolutely fantastic and it looks perfect. Sound is probably a bit marmite, and very difficult to capture on video however when driving it's got a very definite hint of Porsche flat-6 in there for some reason!

The exhaust replaces 2 of the 4 catalytic converters on the V6, leaving it able to breathe a bit better. Once the pictures are up it'll be a bit clearer but it uses two boxes running in a double-pass (in the same side as it goes out!) before connecting to two detachable/adjustable tailpipes.

The popping you can hear is the balance pipe - something I wanted to keep as I wanted it to have hints of the standard system (V6 owners will be able to confirm that as standard it has a popping sound) and I wanted it.

Enough rabbiting until I've got the proper pictures, but:

ef2408c9.jpg

cda90f73.jpg

d957a052.jpg

337517dc.jpg

07d3be94.jpg

[YOUTUBE]AeYcaQdLwdU[/YOUTUBE]

When I get time to I'll do a drive-by video.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
wow that sounds great! need to here it properly though :)

Better than yours. C*nt.
Very nice, first time to be done to a V6 ?

First time RS Fabrications have done one apparently - they had trouble working out how they were going to make it anything other than obnoxious given the space that they were using, but IMO more than succeeded in making a noisy, but tolerable, system.

And it weighs about the same as a normal exhaust now, so my car's probably about the same weight as a 182 now (wishes! But the Vee's exhaust really is rediculously heavy).

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Very nice work. I'm not sure on the sound TBH, but I think that's more fault with the vid than anything else.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Looks nothin like a quiksilver, and sounds alot better. Quiksilver is honestly the most overrated piece of rubbish i've ever seen.

itb'd RB 182 cup
nice! ive seen and rs fabrication exhaust on rs spider, the job they did on the exhuast was amzing, every single weld was perfect.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Tailpipes I went for are ever so slightly versions of the inrolled tails like the standard car as well - wanted it to be a case of being able to walk up behind it and think it was standard.

And I forgot to mention the welding on the RS Fabrications pipe is very, very good IMO. I'm sure Fred will be along at some point - welding's his bag!

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
Looks nothin like a quiksilver, and sounds alot better. Quiksilver is honestly the most overrated piece of rubbish i\'ve ever seen.

Granted it looks nothing like a quicksilver, it looks worse. Again granted a quicksilver back box is not worth 700 notes. Regards to fit you obviously had a Fri afternoon jobby. Sound wise I think it sounds very similar to a quicksilver although the video quality isnt the best.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Granted it looks nothing like a quicksilver, it looks worse.

FPMSL! I take it you've not seen a Quicksilver they didn't make for their promo material photos.

Again granted a quicksilver back box is not worth 700 notes. Regards to fit you obviously had a Fri afternoon jobby.

If you frequent V6Clio.net there's s**tloads of people who have to bodge them on.

Sound wise I think it sounds very similar to a quicksilver although the video quality isnt the best.

Can't comment as mine barely mounted to the pipework, although I've lost a pair of cats so I doubt it's 'the same' particularly!

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
Mike knows best.com is that way!!Tailpipes and the size of the box alone looks better than what you have imo. If you also frequent v6clio.net you will notice lots of people dont have issues also.Anyway less of the bitching session, what you have sounds awesome but just aswell you cant see much of it.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Couple of videos - last one is still 'processing' apparently.

Pulling off:
[youtube]so-sQBURBWM[/youtube]

Arriving (not much cop, too much wind noise):
[youtube]oCwKCTe4xWI[/youtube]

Windows down, NSL:
[youtube]dFIxVjX7l0c[/youtube]

Windows down, town:
[youtube]7j4ICgraHxU[/youtube]

Windows up, town:
[youtube]NdmivLkjl_Q[/youtube]

Last edited:

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Looks nothin like a quiksilver, and sounds alot better. Quiksilver is honestly the most overrated piece of rubbish i've ever seen.

and stupidly loud

That does sound very nice though

Nimbus 197
sounds awesome! very different to the other V6 exhausts I've heard though. It just so happens I was looking for RS Fab. but couldn't remember their name, thanks for that!

Better than yours. C*nt.
Sounds like the same place - their work just demonstrates how wrong so many 'respected' companies are in the quality of their items. The only comparable I've seen is BTB - although theirs are more motorsport oriented so spend longer being designed/flow tested et al...

Clio v6
Looks well designed.
I hate seeing welds however good they might be.
Only ever seen and heard one that's better.

Very much approve of this. :approve::approve::approve:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Always difficult to judge an exhaust on video, the sound never comes through well. Looks good though.