ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS day at Oulton Park - video

dzm

Inferno 182 + cup packs
Few laps in the 182 during the middle of the day. Sorry about the movement - need to work on a sturdier mount!

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4N3nPlW3R_E&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4N3nPlW3R_E&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

williams and trophy
probs better off with a suction mount tbh mate. the rear seats will vibrate anyway causing blurry images.

nice vid tho...love oulton.

my last day there, and with suction mount on the rear screen.......i cracked the front screen getting the mount off last time i put it on the front lol

[youtube]mWiV5zFTbys[/youtube]

dzm

Inferno 182 + cup packs
Good vid 2Live. Some good scalps there! But, how did you get away with the suction mount? Most MSV venues (except Bedford) don't allow them. At least that's what they told us in the briefing.

Golf GTD Mk7
you 182 was going well from what I could see. Sounded nice too.

2live, they wouldn't allow suction mounts :( Was a tad wobbly though, but not unwatchable.

williams and trophy
iv never had any probs with them not letting me use it tbh. donnington, snetterton, oulton, spa. its done them all with no questions.

it does have a strap that can be added to make sure its not gunna get thrown around the car if the mount fails. and like i say....it cracked the screen trying to get it off so i cant see why thered be a problem with them as the strength of suction is obv. up to the job. lol.

i see you have buckets...i take it you have harnesses too??? why not try rigging a bar up that bolts to the top mounts of the seat belts and cam mounts in middle of that?

they do usually make u sign a disclaimer when using cams tho, well the days iv done anyway, stick ur sig on a bit of paper n bobs ur mums bro ;)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
For some reason they've got a lot stricter about suction mounts, no idea why!

Nippy white cup
They used to be ok m8 but they have clamped (no pun intended!) down on them...gutted as mine is like yours...won't shift anywhere!

Chris

williams and trophy
weird. id rather have a strapped down suction mount than a bar in the headrest holes that can give u a gd twattin if owt went wrong tbh.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Very silly IMO. Mines now stuck to the dash with a sticky pad, which is somehow meant to be stronger than a suction mount I could hang off!

williams and trophy
when did all that kick off??

i did this last sep......

[youtube]4Ji9B8gXPV8[/youtube]

again..just a disclaimer n off i go.

BMW M5 & E36
Every MSV track I've been to this year has been strict on the suction mounts. Brands/Cadwell and Oulton since May this year.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
If you crash, a suction mount will come off and twa't you in the face.
Doubt it. Mine is strong enough to mount the camera on the exterior, and accidentally t**t a lamppost without it falling off:eek:.

dzm

Inferno 182 + cup packs
Maybe if you roll or the window smashes in an accident somehow, then you've got an electronic brick flying round the car. Just a guess...

williams and trophy
as i said..mine has a strap that hooks onto the cam and then round anything thats fixed in the car. so it can move a max of 1 metre. when its mounted on the rear, theres no way its going to get anywhere near the passengers. a bar isnt going to stay there either, unless its fixed to the seatbelt mounts, which will obv. be in use by the seatbelt mounts unless you have harnesses.

with the strap fitted, even if the window breaks.it aint goin nowhere near the passengers.

the suction mounts are stronger than a lot of ppl give them credit for. if i had no roof lining in, i could put it on the underside of the roof.and support myself and my passenger from it. and you arent going to get that kinda strength from a bar in the headrest holes, or a bit of velcro on the dash imho.

dzm

Inferno 182 + cup packs
Agree the suction mounts are super strong. It's just a symptom of the UK's obsession with health and safety.