ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RRday 2013

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Bad news Matt:( Chin up mate don't let things get you down(i know its hard)

Circlip popped?

Chin's always up :) sort of, cheers mart.

No mate, got 1st and second as normal they're perfect and 3rd, 4th and 5th are none existent, sort of blocked off, can't even move the gearstick in the general direction.

Just do not have the money to sort it till I find a job etc so need to tuck it away.

On a side note I know there's not many local members to Wolverhampton but if anyone knows of a garage/lock up nearby then give me a shout. Obviously going to be for a few months.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Sorry to hear it Matt. I'm sure you will sort things out though. Stay positive :)

I'm up for going anywhere anyway, be viezu or cooksport. As long as I'm fixed and able to drive by then (broke ankle on my birthday piss up) ;)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Chin's always up :) sort of, cheers mart.

No mate, got 1st and second as normal they're perfect and 3rd, 4th and 5th are none existent, sort of blocked off, can't even move the gearstick in the general direction.

Just do not have the money to sort it till I find a job etc so need to tuck it away.

On a side note I know there's not many local members to Wolverhampton but if anyone knows of a garage/lock up nearby then give me a shout. Obviously going to be for a few months.

Bloody hell mate. I am on lookout for new job. Had enough of current employer and want/need out.

In terms of garage...have you tried any local council (or housing trust) garages? They will do what they need and are lockable...and hopefully reasonably local to you. If you need any help...you know where I am. :)

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Bloody hell mate. I am on lookout for new job. Had enough of current employer and want/need out.

In terms of garage...have you tried any local council (or housing trust) garages? They will do what they need and are lockable...and hopefully reasonably local to you. If you need any help...you know where I am. :)

I'll have your current one haha.
Yeah mate on council list etc but no such luck at the moment and insurance runs out in 2 weeks so needs to come off then.
Might take you up on that offer when I come to do gearbox again haha.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
You might be able to store it at our works yard Matt? It will be behind locked gates but not under cover. Let me know :)

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Just store it at my dads yard. Won't charge you a thing ;)

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Haha, deffo. Mind you. I'm in no fit state to be changing wheels.
On a serious note though, it would be fine there. Plus it's only round corner in claregate.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
loads of places here Matt don't know if they are close enough or ceap enough?

http://www.yell.com/s/caravan+and+car+storage-wolverhampton.html

Has Aimee got the deposit at viezu lower/dropped?

Cheers for the link Martin, I'll have to try and remember which I've already tried but on the whole the local caravan etc storage places are ridiculous. Rang one place for instance he said they don't lock the gates so you can come and choose as you please (erm not a good thing) but it's okay caus he has an alsation and he wanted £20 a week. Told him to do one.

Amie is just asking for me now actually and seeing what she can do.

Chris I'm trying to find somewhere with cover with it probably going away for a while but if I have no such luck in the next week or so I'll definitely take you up on that so thank you very much mate.

Cheers for the link Martin, I'll have to try and remember which I've already tried but on the whole the local caravan etc storage places are ridiculous. Rang one place for instance he said they don't lock the gates so you can come and choose as you please (erm not a good thing) but it's okay caus he has an alsation and he wanted £20 a week. Told him to do one.

Amie is just asking for me now actually and seeing what she can do.

Chris I'm trying to find somewhere with cover with it probably going away for a while but if I have no such luck in the next week or so I'll definitely take you up on that so thank you very much mate.

Bloody hell give me £20 a week and put it on my drive and i will fix it;)

RS6 C7
DynoDaze are good are they not?

They do good deals for clubs, Only trouble is they are over Hinkley way which is fine for the Nuneaton / Coventry lot but maybe a bit far for others?

Also i suppose it would be good to go somewhere like Cooksport.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I vote cooksport. Lets show some support. Plus I'm sure they will put a thread up on it too with pictures of us all :)

CursedTitanium 182FF
There is also Dynodaze Ltd in Hinckley Leicestershire.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Dynodaze?ref=ts&fref=ts
Web Site: http://www.dynodaze.co.uk/

From their web site.

Dynodaze was set up to offer a unique service to the car enthusiast world. Power runs with no hassel. We've all been to a rolling road day where we were promised it would be a certain price if enough people turned up. Unfortunately we all know people drop out and we all end up paying over the odds. Well not at Dynodaze ltd. At Dynodaze Ltd its £30 per car everytime. Whether you turn up on your own or with an owners club. We know our price is great value for money. x2 Power runs and a full colour print out of your best run for just £30 is such good value for money.

We can also provide AFR monitoring services with Full colour printouts for an additional £10 fee
We can plot Boost on a graph for you and monitor against RPM for an additional £10 fee
Again Excellent value for money and we are happy we can save your hard earned cash for your modifications!
Its for this reason we have customers come back time and time again. So come down and see us, have fun, hangout and see what its all about. We are pretty sure when you leave you will be wanting to book your owners club in for a Sunday.

WRX
I'm all for using traders where possible. However being selfish, for me it's just down the road, £30 and what they offer is really good.

Will the new wheels be on for the RR day Tom ?
Nah man... In true Tom style, I sold them hahahaha! Made a profit, so that's okay.

As I've spent over 13k on 5 cars in 2 years, I thought I'd slow down and get my priorities right and buy some property. Then, in 4/5 years, I can do all the car modding I want lol.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Nah man... In true Tom style, I sold them hahahaha! Made a profit, so that's okay.

As I've spent over 13k on 5 cars in 2 years, I thought I'd slow down and get my priorities right and buy some property. Then, in 4/5 years, I can do all the car modding I want lol.

:(

Tom i advise against buying property!(been there and doing that) you should mod the dervmeister instead and you can live in it.

Will you be running it on the RR

I'm up for this!

Would be nice to go back to Veizu for comparison to previous attempts, though perhaps we'd get a nice high rev this time? :p

Oh and Tom, saw this earlier, thought you may like (I'd LOVE one.)

150657_518307084868639_1708160230_n.jpg

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
In true Tom style, I sold them

You are simply the man who buys everything but makes use of none of it haha :)

That is simply the most immense Audi I have EVER seen! EVER!!!

Also spoke to Amie, they need a deposit of £150 so if we get 15 people it is only £10, not sure how viable that is though. If we only get 10 which is more likely it'll obviously be the £15 as previously mentioned. I did say we were thinking about using somewhere else.

Hi Chris!

Dave, waste of money mate. Won't have it long enough... One day, when I am not being sensible. I'll buy a ridiculous car, and do ridiculous things to it and keep the parts I buy for it and keep the car for more than a year...

Don't worry! ;)

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I call bullshit. Tom, you like to get bored and change things ;)

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
I'm good for a rolling road were ever! Would b good to go sumwhere new!

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Agree with Martin really, may as well go somewhere that we can compare results. Can see why people have said somewhere new but figures could be miles off. When would people be looking to do this. May I propose march, see what they have available and get the ball rolling on this?

Also grub after, same place as before. Not bad price and was pretty good.

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
I really wish you would consider tdf as ive been there before,cant complain,and they did grub there.....plus i could chat about getting my car re-mapped while we were there..;)

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
I have no problem using TDF just for a rolling road day but don't think it's a viable option, looking at up to 2 hours each way for some people.

Doubt we'd get much of a turnout and it's the number of people and banter that make it great.

You can always just call them regarding a remap :rasp: