ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Royal steering wheel retrim

Had my wheel done by Jack at Royal Steering wheels. I have never been a fan of the thumb grips so they have been replaced with a more subtle shape. I went for napa leather top and bottom with perforated leather on the sides, and Renault Sport stitching. The craftsmanship is top quality and I am really pleased with the end result. :)

​Sorry for the budget iphone pictures, will do some with an actual camera if anyone is interested.

Nick
IMG_03121_zpsc545e50b.jpg

IMG_03141_zpsc930562a.jpg

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I don't know whether I like it or not- looks very chunky where the thumb grips have been removed- but better than the standard tat

PB Clio 172
I like it maybe its the pics but looks chunky on the thumb grips, the wheels are bit was the same on the Clio 16v :dapprove:

Ph.2 172 / A6 Qttro
Have a similar wheel, not as "fat" as yours, but sligthly fatter than the original :)

img_2707i6b9s.jpg

As mentioned before, these wheels are way too big...

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry to hijack slightly but of the Clio and twingo (I believe they're the same spline fitment?) wheels which is the smallest? And how big are we talking mm wise?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I prefer the standard Dia wheel. You kids and your small wheels.

Looks a nice job but I too am a little unsure on the grip replacement. Nice to see something different though.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Holy thread resurrection batman!
PM the OP, or PM snappy on here, he does retrims, price is about £140 last time I got a quote (decided against it in favour of an After marker wheel.)

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I'd go for Snappy, his refurbs are the best no questions... OP's looks okay but a bit too chunky.

Monaco Blue 172
I'd go for Snappy, his refurbs are the best no questions... OP's looks okay but a bit too chunky.

I had a Royal re-trim on my 182. Was very happy with the quality of job done and I personally liked the chunkyness of it,felt so much better to drive over the standard wheel. As above,sure it worked out about 105 after I sent the old wheel back.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I had a Royal re-trim on my 182. Was very happy with the quality of job done and I personally liked the chunkyness of it,felt so much better to drive over the standard wheel. As above,sure it worked out about 105 after I sent the old wheel back.

Quality looks great :) I'm not denying that, price is nice too... just personal preference innit.