ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering wheel retrim advice

My standard steering wheel is in need of a retrim and I am looking to use Royal Steering wheels. I am considering an all alcantara wheel because I think they look great but I'm concerned about the practicalities with my car being a daily driver.

My question is does anybody have an alcantara wheel and use their car everyday and if so is it difficult to keep looking as new? Has anybody used Royal steering wheels and are you happy with the work?

Thanks

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
I hear good stuff about about Royal but I used @snappy for mine and I couldn't be happier with the results.

I have alcantara on mine but it's far from my daily so I can help you with the wear issue.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
we've just got one retrimmed by Royal and I wanted alcantara top and bottom sections but he advised against it.

The quality of the re-trim is excellent. I did want to use snappy but couldn't get hold of him.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Jack at Royal did this one for me sure i paid around 180

3390F277-4A1B-4A7A-9971-78F09C29B652_1528389485855.jpg

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Would you prefer the similar one he did for my porsche instead ?
Original poster asked for examples of jacks work and thats the one he done for me in the past .

View attachment 1386674
how come he let you have alcantara and not me. Maybe he just saves it for posher cars, he said something about having trouble with stretching it over the wheel I wanted.

deanoE30M3

ClioSport Club Member
Snappy did this for me, went for a new but oem look!

Attachments

• 935B9DB4-FFBA-4DD3-8C69-78191FC60EEA.jpeg
    935B9DB4-FFBA-4DD3-8C69-78191FC60EEA.jpeg
    551.3 KB · Views: 141
I have heard good things about Snappy it's just I prefer the thumb grips being integrated which has made me decide to go with Royal.

neil a- the Audi wheel looks awesome! How is the alcantara wearing? Do you have to clean it regularly?

Sorry I've only just seen the posts from James and deanoE30M3 after I posted my reply and the page updated! Both wheels look great, I like the clean look of the 172 wheel it's really smart.

deanoE30M3- I like your wheel, again is it wearing well?

deanoE30M3

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry I've only just seen the posts from James and deanoE30M3 after I posted my reply and the page updated! Both wheels look great, I like the clean look of the 172 wheel it's really smart.

deanoE30M3- I like your wheel, again is it wearing well?

I honestly can’t say as I don’t use it much! I’d say it would wear as good as anything else!

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
I have heard good things about Snappy it's just I prefer the thumb grips being integrated which has made me decide to go with Royal.

neil a- the Audi wheel looks awesome! How is the alcantara wearing? Do you have to clean it regularly?

It seems to be wearing fine , but i try not to jump in that car with dirty hands