ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Roughly setting tracking

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I'm putting new top mounts on tonight and track rod ends and I'm returning to standard camber.
Is there a rough way of setting it somewhere near if I can't get out of work to get it properly tracked so I can drive to work until my next days off?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
My drive is far from flat, I swindon if there was a guide distance from the inner tie rod.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Auto correct gremlin!
I wondered if there was a guide distance.

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
probably to late now...
but i saw something recently: a steel wheel with nuts welded on and threaded rod trough the nuts.
the threaded rod was used to measure the set distance to the shock for camber.(wheel mounted obviously)
for the trackrod ends i'd just mark/measure

Take the car somewhere flat.

I just do it by eye. Wind it in/out a bit until the wheels looks straight ahead or have a bit of toe depending on what I want, when you lower it down to the ground. Small adjustments. Repeat until happy. Get someone in the car to shake the steering wheel until the wheels are straight ahead rather than you sitting in and making the steering wheel level, incase that's out.

Good opportunity to centre the rack whilst you are there also.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
All done, going back to standard camber is so much better on the roads around here too