ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rotrex aux belt size

plees

ClioSport Club Member
  S/C Iceberg 172 Cup
Just trying to fit my aux belt with the ktec supercharger bracket arrangement. The belt I have is a 6PK1973, but I'm pretty sure it's too short. I have a 90mm charger pulley btw

Does anyone know the correct belt part number I need?

Cheers

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Just trying to fit my aux belt with the ktec supercharger bracket arrangement. The belt I have is a 6PK1973, but I'm pretty sure it's too short. I have a 90mm charger pulley btw

Does anyone know the correct belt part number I need?

Cheers

The trophy had a 6PK1973 fitted bud. Hope that helps? :smile:

plees

ClioSport Club Member
  S/C Iceberg 172 Cup
@RMDavis Yeah that's what I've bought mate, I just got the same one but I've gone upto a 90mm charger pulley now so I cant get the belt to fit. not sure what size I need:/

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
@RMDavis Yeah that's what I've bought mate, I just got the same one but I've gone upto a 90mm charger pulley now so I cant get the belt to fit. not sure what size I need:/

That's fair enough bud, the larger pulley I'd imagine would require a different size belt. I can't help you there though I'm afraid!

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member

That's fair enough bud, the larger pulley I'd imagine would require a different size belt. I can't help you there though I'm afraid!

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
If you know the original pulley size and the new pulley size it should be fairly simple to work out how much longer the belt needs to be,

I can't help with exact size as I'm on a no power steering set up, so a fair bit different

But all I did was go to gsf/ecp and order a range of belts so I would be grab a 6pk1980 and maybe a 6pk1985 and see which one fits and go from there, return the ones that don't fit

To get a rough idea you can always wrap a piece if string nice and tight around all the pulleys, mark it, then lay it out straight and measure it.

Also be aware the k-tec type setup uses the renault auto tensioner (auto tensioner is the best way for the rotrex) but it doesn't have a lot of movement so belt size has to be quite accurate or your tensioner will bottom out.

plees

ClioSport Club Member
  S/C Iceberg 172 Cup
Well i went to ECP today and ordered a 1985, but the one than turned up against that part number said 1995 on the belt:/ anyway i said i may as well try it and see how it is

Comparing my existing 1973 against it and there wasn't too much difference. Anyway, I managed to get it on and all seems well. The tensioner seems to be compressed nicely, maybe 10mm difference in length when i held up an old tensioner against it. So I'm presuming that'll be ok!

Or would you disagree????

Cheers @marinemackay2003 @Mini182