ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rotrex aux belt size

plees

ClioSport Club Member
  S/C Iceberg 172 Cup
Just trying to fit my aux belt with the ktec supercharger bracket arrangement. The belt I have is a 6PK1973, but I'm pretty sure it's too short. I have a 90mm charger pulley btw

Does anyone know the correct belt part number I need?

Cheers

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Just trying to fit my aux belt with the ktec supercharger bracket arrangement. The belt I have is a 6PK1973, but I'm pretty sure it's too short. I have a 90mm charger pulley btw

Does anyone know the correct belt part number I need?

Cheers

The trophy had a 6PK1973 fitted bud. Hope that helps? :smile:

plees

ClioSport Club Member
  S/C Iceberg 172 Cup
@RMDavis Yeah that's what I've bought mate, I just got the same one but I've gone upto a 90mm charger pulley now so I cant get the belt to fit. not sure what size I need:/

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
@RMDavis Yeah that's what I've bought mate, I just got the same one but I've gone upto a 90mm charger pulley now so I cant get the belt to fit. not sure what size I need:/

That's fair enough bud, the larger pulley I'd imagine would require a different size belt. I can't help you there though I'm afraid!

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member

That's fair enough bud, the larger pulley I'd imagine would require a different size belt. I can't help you there though I'm afraid!

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
If you know the original pulley size and the new pulley size it should be fairly simple to work out how much longer the belt needs to be,

I can't help with exact size as I'm on a no power steering set up, so a fair bit different

But all I did was go to gsf/ecp and order a range of belts so I would be grab a 6pk1980 and maybe a 6pk1985 and see which one fits and go from there, return the ones that don't fit

To get a rough idea you can always wrap a piece if string nice and tight around all the pulleys, mark it, then lay it out straight and measure it.

Also be aware the k-tec type setup uses the renault auto tensioner (auto tensioner is the best way for the rotrex) but it doesn't have a lot of movement so belt size has to be quite accurate or your tensioner will bottom out.

plees

ClioSport Club Member
  S/C Iceberg 172 Cup
Well i went to ECP today and ordered a 1985, but the one than turned up against that part number said 1995 on the belt:/ anyway i said i may as well try it and see how it is

Comparing my existing 1973 against it and there wasn't too much difference. Anyway, I managed to get it on and all seems well. The tensioner seems to be compressed nicely, maybe 10mm difference in length when i held up an old tensioner against it. So I'm presuming that'll be ok!

Or would you disagree????

Cheers @marinemackay2003 @Mini182