ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Roof letting in water!

Clio dCi
Recently noticed my roof is letting in rain water. It drips down from the headlining, just in front of the sun visor & drips onto the driver's seat.
I'm assuming it's getting in from the sunroof.

Is this a common fault?

I've removed the sunroof glass & cleaned the seal & applied a thin coat of vaseline to the seal where it touches the glass but it's still letting in water.
Before I take it in to my local Renault dealer & fork out 'hard earned' I want to try & sort it out myself.

Anyone else had this happen?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Ahh join the que mate, mines been doing it off and on for about 8months, iv sealed it god knos how many time, blocked every hole under the sunroof glass, yet it still comes in.. if it does rain, put a cloth on your seats :) itl absorb the water..

i also would like to kno how to fix this please :)

1.2 Dynamique billabong
same here i think the water gets in between the roof and black plastic outer surround of the sunroof, at least i hope so as thats the only place i havent attacked with sealant lol

BMW E92/Audi S3
same here i think the water gets in between the roof and black plastic outer surround of the sunroof, at least i hope so as thats the only place i havent attacked with sealant lol

Mine is full of sealant. No doubt its de-valued the car ALOT.