ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ronald's BG RS Megane 175dCi

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I'm pretty sure they price it all on new parts that are genuine, not one's pattern parts. That plus labour involved, is what hikes up the costs.

Shame because they never see what has actually been done to the car and the condition they are in.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Cleaned to within an inch of its life today.

My god it was filthy!

Desperately needs paint correction but I juts haven’t got the time at the moment.

E17A14FE-2147-4AB9-AFE5-62FE858FFA51.jpeg
E3E3B78E-7BA6-4E99-BBF1-45AA3FDC06AD.jpeg
95C47A5A-1092-4AFB-9B09-74B0E68AE0FC.jpeg
3D1A5EE9-84C0-4F2C-BA7C-00D17AFC07F6.jpeg
F19A4002-6DF3-4576-B516-1852CE139A1E.jpeg
584E04B7-DFAE-48E4-9ACD-6E9E13E2F79E.jpeg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Lower it a bit, put spacers on it, paint wheels white, keep spoiler, be cool.

It looks great Ron!
I do think as per Daniels comment, it needs a bit of lowz, and spacers, it'll just look right then. If you were to get the wheels done in white it would be heroic!

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Spent most of today cleaning the car as it was absolutely hanging.

Also applied some Gtechniq G1 on all the windows.

Trying to find the love for this car because if I’m honest I’m not really feeling it yet. I think once I’ve had a bit of work done by @AlexW in the new year and got the steering wheel refurbished I think that will help.

Got dark before I could take any pics so I’ll take some tomorrow.

Last edited:

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Spent most of today cleaning the car as it was absolutely hanging.

Also applied some Gtechniq G1 on all the windows.

Trying to find the love for this car because if I’m honest I’m not really feeling it yet. I think once I’ve had a bit of work done by @AlexW in the new year and got the steering wheel refurbished I think that will help.

Got dark before I could take any pics so I’ll take some tomorrow.

Why's that mate ?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Why's that mate ?

Not too sure. Probably to do with it needing some cash spending on it. I think once it’s up to scratch I’ll be happy with it.

Whilst cleaning it yesterday I managed to jet wash off the top of the door pillar stickers so spent a couple of hours removing them.

I replaced the one’s on the RB which was a proper ball ache.

I think I’ll leave them off as I think it’s looks good without them.

BB372A4B-B618-446C-A7B0-CDFD54D9C1EF.jpeg
B3F70C02-A578-4E05-BD3A-7F79E5BA5F0E.jpeg

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Quick update.

Since buying the car I knew there were some issues. The steering has a mind of its own and there’s lots of clunking and banging noises coming from the front. There’s also a horrendous noise when turning the wheels at very low speeds.

Took a trip up to see @AlexW just before Christmas and he diagnosed quite a few issues that need addressing.

It’s booked in for next week to have top mounts, ball joints, swivel hubs and while he’s at it Alex is going to change the plastic bush in the steering rack that’s a common issue on these.

I can’t wait to get all this sorted as at the moment the car really doesn’t feel or sound great at all.

Plans for the near future are a steering wheel refurb, new tyres and having the wheels done in gloss black.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Quick update.

Since buying the car I knew there were some issues. The steering has a mind of its own and there’s lots of clunking and banging noises coming from the front. There’s also a horrendous noise when turning the wheels at very low speeds.

Took a trip up to see @AlexW just before Christmas and he diagnosed quite a few issues that need addressing.

It’s booked in for next week to have top mounts, ball joints, swivel hubs and while he’s at it Alex is going to change the plastic bush in the steering rack that’s a common issue on these.

I can’t wait to get all this sorted as at the moment the car really doesn’t feel or sound great at all.

Plans for the near future are a steering wheel refurb, new tyres and having the wheels done in gloss black.
I feel your pain mate. The megs got a few issues too. I'm up at Alex's again end of Jan. Looks so good though mate :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Quick update.

You spelt White wrong mate?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Just collected the car from Alex @ AWMotorworks and I’m absolutely over the moon.

No more crashing and banging and most importantly the car now no longer tries to leave the road when entering bends.

It really does fell like a new car.

Steering wheel being sent to Snappy this week and then the plans for the year are to get the wheels painted, new tyres all round, spacers and possibly a set of coilovers ?

Hopefully it’ll all be done in time for CSF19.

Also a huge thanks to @Cookie for taking me all the way to near Stansted to pick it up today. Proper legend x

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Just collected the car from Alex @ AWMotorworks and I’m absolutely over the moon.

No more crashing and banging and most importantly the car now no longer tries to leave the road when entering bends.

It really does fell like a new car.

Steering wheel being sent to Snappy this week and then the plans for the year are to get the wheels painted, new tyres all round, spacers and possibly a set of coilovers ?

Hopefully it’ll all be done in time for CSF19.

Also a huge thanks to @Cookie for taking me all the way to near Stansted to pick it up today. Proper legend x

I can just hear the phone call now "Dave, I've done something terrible, you need to help me. Remember that time I drove you all the way to stansted, and you said you owe me one? Well this is it"

Glad you're now happy with it. There's nothing worse than a hot hatch feeling "uncertain". They need to just be point and go and have a lot of fun.