ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rolling Road Results (SHOCKIN)

PH1 Clio 172
Took my car to WGT Auto Developments today to have a power run and it only made 161.6 bhp at the flywheel :( they said it was running too rich AFR Perol reading 12.0 what is way too rich and iv not long had my inlets matched and ported and a custom remap at jamsport and they said it made 188 bhp at the flywheel on there rollers :eek: so theres a big diffrents there and my other mods are janspeed cat back plus decat and itg maxogen filter so it shud be in the 180s iam not a happy person at all as you cud imagine.

21 Turbo
You sound like ur assuming that JamSport is wrong and WGT are correct - whats to say its not the other way around. I had my 21 RR'd at JamSport a while back and it made 231bhp and 271lbft, a year later same car same mods, made 226bhp and 260lbft on different rollers. Hardly a night and day difference between the 2. I couldnt tell who was right or wrong though. I came away thinking well they are similar so I have an idea in my head....

Does it feel almost 30brake slower than when you left JamSport....you ought to notice it.

Rollers are about as reliable as Wenger in the transfer window

PH1 Clio 172
The thing im really concerned about is the fact they said its running too rich and that im loseing power and they gave me the graphs to prove this and it shouldnt when iv not long had a custom remap it should be running perfect and no it didnt feel like it lost almost 30 bhp but the power seems to drop off alot at approx 6500 rpm then pick up again at 7000 rpm wheres before i had the inlets done and maped it felt as it pulled good all the way to 7200 rpm.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I see rollers as pretty pointless unless looking for rele big power increases, if the mods you have done make the car feel better and a little quicker/urgent when driving then they have done there job

PH1 Clio 172
Yeah seems to be a flat spot mate and yeah i want it sorting really after spending over £500 on having the inlets done and custom map.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Get on the phone they shouldn't have a prob with sortin it when u spend that much tbh
I think if they sort the flat spot they should also spot the over fuelling problem (if it's actually there)

PH1 Clio 172
Yeah iv rang them and mark wasnt there today so they said there going get him ring me on monday. i cant see why they would say its running rich if it aint?? and iv got the graphs to prove it is.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Ahh right a new map would sort it tbh I think

But also if ur engine wasn't runnin 180 like quite alot don't more like 170 I wouldnt think it would reach 188 with them mods :S

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I had a rolling road printout when i brought the car when it had a janseed cat back and a k&n panel filter and made 150 bhp at the wheels so what ever that is at the fly aint got a clue.

i dunno how it's worked out tbh any1 know what % u loose as it goes to the wheels???

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Your previous graph means near nothing comparing it to your new one if its from a different set of rollers anyway

PH1 Clio 172
Yeah i know diffrent rollers show diffrent results but 188 bhp to 161 bhp lol is a massive diffrent and saying its running too rich aint a good thing.
Your previous graph means near nothing comparing it to your new one if its from a different set of rollers anyway

Ph1
So 188 bhp what jamsport said is a load of rubbish then lol and ill try post the graphs.

Sorry mate iv just realised you have a 182 dohhhhh lol

Still think 188 from a 182 with those mods would be very good going tho plus 150 @ wheels sounds a bit high on your old mods.

Sure a near stock 182 would be around 140 @ wheels abouts

182 FF Arctic
wgt make me laugh my mate had a big power 3 door cosworth & he took it there for a power run ''they asked him what sort of power are you expecting'' to which he replies 500bhp they laughed but it made 518bhp

PH1 Clio 172
wgt make me laugh my mate had a big power 3 door cosworth & he took it there for a power run ''they asked him what sort of power are you expecting'' to which he replies 500bhp they laughed but it made 518bhp
Well WGT take ur wheels off and power run them on the hubs and alot of people have said there very accurate so 161 bhp is way too low for the mods iv got and its a 182 lol they make more then 161 standard.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
162 so about 168 maybe 170 on good fuel is about norm for a 182 I would say but I still see rollers as pointless for smaller mods s-charging, itbs or turbo then ye u wana see but things just gettin a few hp it's all down to feeling better IMO

PH1 Clio 172
I'd say with your mods it should be 175 ish...
Yh but surely with a janspeed cat back and decat, inlets matched and ported and custom remap, itg maxogen filter it shud be making way more then 161 bhp and with me having it maped it shouldnt be running rich unless it aint been maped right.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Well WGT take ur wheels off and power run them on the hubs and alot of people have said there very accurate so 161 bhp is way too low for the mods iv got and its a 182 lol they make more then 161 standard.

Sometimes u can get unlucky with the engine plus oils used and fuel grade can make a diff also A/C on can loose 1 or 2 hp lol

182 Cup
Get it down the quarter mile, that'll give you an unequivocal answer as to how fast it is. Rolling roads aren't accurate, there are too many variables.

PH1 Clio 172
Get it down the quarter mile, that'll give you an unequivocal answer as to how fast it is. Rolling roads aren't accurate, there are too many variables.
Yeah ur right there mate ill be taking it santa pod this year but still want the fueling looking at :(

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Well it all comes down to diff rollers then but like I said they are pointless in the 1st place

PH1 Clio 172
graphs.gif

Last edited:
  Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
mate using two different rolling roads is a completly pointless excersize.

The only way to see real improvements is to go to the same rolling road everytime.

With those mods you will be lucky to see 180bhp. i had exactly the same, and my car was generally a bit of a freak and only made 179.9 bhp at TDF.

It then had cams fitted and was mapped again on the same rollers, 193 bhp. At surrey rolling road it made 188 bhp!

Its since had ITB's fitted, and on the same rollers before 192.7 bhp after 210.3 bhp.

So i can see consistent gains as ive used the same rolling road throughout.

Last edited: