ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rolling Road Day @ RS Tuning

clio 182 'full fat'
sorry can no longer make this...:(

1. Bonxy
2. daveski
3. Jacko
4. -KarL-
5. Fast_ad13
6. Rich_172
7.latza probably in a fettled saxo vts + 2 ( corsa vxr + sx200) if you lads dont mind
8. Jon.G + Mates Polo G40
9. Savi - In a Corsa C Turbo diesel
10. Chris205
11. Andyrg
12. Scunny_182

Low cars WILL need to be raised. Which is putting me off putting my name forwards!

Mike, they're 4WD rollers so it can't be too much hassle chopping and changing between the modes.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Low cars WILL need to be raised. Which is putting me off putting my name forwards!

Mike, they're 4WD rollers so it can't be too much hassle chopping and changing between the modes.

Thanks for this gaz. Was wondering how RWD would work. Also, do you know the minimum height a car needs to be at to go on the rollers ?

Thanks, Sam!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I had my ph1 on there and it was rather low, Paul had a little job on getting it on there but it went on. I'd say to safely get on without any hassle an 80mm drop would be ok

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I had my ph1 on there and it was rather low, Paul had a little job on getting it on there but it went on. I'd say to safely get on without any hassle an 80mm drop would be ok

Cheers Chris. Anything below 80MM is ridiculous imo. :)

Sam!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers for that Gaz, should be able to slot everyone in anywhere then!

I didn't think lowness was that much of a problem, alignment however is a problem if its out.

Johnpacey1

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
1. Bonxy
2. daveski
3. Jacko
4. -KarL-
5. Fast_ad13
6. Rich_172
7.latza probably in a fettled saxo vts + 2 ( corsa vxr + sx200) if you lads dont mind
10. Chris205
11. Andyrg
12. Scunny_182
13. John

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I'd imagine about 10:00, last time we met to convoy from scotch corner around 8-8:30, waited around for Karl to get out of bed then got on our way

Johnpacey1

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Sound. Ill meet you there at 10. Ill keep an eye on thread just incase anything changes.

arctic 182 ff
Think i will tag along for the day out,may put bean number 2 on see what its doing as it feels alot quicker than my first one.

ph2 172
1. Bonxy
2. daveski
3. Jacko
4. -KarL-
5. Fast_ad13
6. Rich_172
10. Chris205
11. Andyrg
12. Scunny_182
13. John
14.Kroozin(James)

Ummm........tempted to trailer the Mk1 up en-route to Donington, would be interested to see what the new engine makes. Il have a think.

R26
Looks like im out, dephaser pulley has gone so it sounds like a tractor!

Oh and when i pulled up on the drive the handbrake cable snapped, nice :eek:

Well it did 100odd miles to run it in initially, then and around 150-200 track miles at 6.5krpm+ over two track days with the limiter set to 7800rpm, runs nice. Old engine made 172bhp/165lbft @ TDF, this one feels the same if not stronger so id hope for about the same at RST...

Dave with the Inferno 182 made exactly the same power (to the .x) at RST and TDF weeks apart, so I'd say they are pretty much the same readings! My cars at around 830kg, thats where it counts really..

I only have a single set of wheels with full slicks on, so I'd need to find out if it was OK to run with those on...

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
What's the plans for meeting up etc next Saturday? Anyone fancy meeting at wetherby services As going straight down the a19 is easier for me

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi guys.

Its less than a week to go until the RR meet.

Im going to ring RS Tunning and confirm the amount of people that are going to be attending on wednesday lunch time.

It would be good if you would remove yourself from the list if you aint coming and dont just not show up. I think we will be hoping to arrive there at 10AM ish, so probably set off from somewhere in the NE at 9ish.

I know a some of you have made your own plans to travel there ?

What are your plans ? Share them with the group and we can all have a nice drive down together.

Me, Jacko and Cadab are meeting at Teesside Park McDonalds at 8.30AM. Have some breakfast and then make our way there. If anyone would like to meet us there they can.

Any questions, PM me.

Sam!

Last edited:
  alien green rs133
can i be a vaguely maybe, depends what the missus says when she gets back from crete.
if pauls bored he could tweak my map ;)

I wont be there, sorry guys.

1. Bonxy
2. Jacko
3. -KarL-
4. Fast_ad13
5. Rich_172
6. Jon.G + Mates Polo G40
7. Savi - In a Corsa C Turbo diesel
8. Chris205
9. Andyrg
10. Scunny_182
11. John
12.Kroozin(James)​

Clio 172
can i be a vaguely maybe, depends what the missus says when she gets back from crete.
if pauls bored he could tweak my map ;)

This. I will be coming up from Stoke and sounds like most people will be coming from the North so looks like I will be making my own way there