ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rollcage

Toureg vW Transporte

looking at a rollcage to go in my valver, want a big chromed one like ktec sell, but its 250 quid, dont want one with bars etc that go along the front, any ideas? ta daf

First thing - check with your insurance company. Most seem to want to take you to the cleaners, with only a few seeing it as a safety/style thing!

speak to safety devices

sorry dont have a number or e-mail address, someone will do though

so really youre after a half roll cage for show purposes??

Toureg vW Transporte

yeah i suppose so bambam, a bit like mike s has got on that clio in the for sale forum, it looks mint, woulnt mint the one ktec have got, could strap the harnesses onto it as well i suppose.

Are none of you guys with HIC insurance, they dont charge any extra for mods.wicked

best company to speak to then would be safety devicesthey will be able to knock you one up no problem

Toureg vW Transporte

where are they based mate if you dont mind me asking? are they expensive? presumably they custom build them yeah?

whats HICs insurance number/website?? & is that all mods? including engine as well??

But im pretty sure the one by ktec is just for looks & do not improve the overall strength of the vehical or improve handling etc etc. So literally just a styling feature.
I really like the look of the Ktec one, but does it still allow access to the back for the rear passengers or is it only if ur taking the rear seats out? coz I cant remember what it looked like!

Toureg vW Transporte

no is 08451290290, engine mods as well if i can remember correctly are ok up to a certain bhp extra for free, The ktec jobbie is on thier webstite mate, u can have it so that you can still use the back seats, but can also have it with the struts accross as well. have boarded out the back and have harnesses ready to go in.

cheers m8!

will look good with a nice install in the rear if u do remove the rear seats :)
I aint decided if im gonna go down the remove the rear seats, roll cage & install in my next motor... hmmm! im the one driving it so who cares about passengers! lol

Post Hijack alert!! ;)

Arent HIC the ones who only do quotes over the phone and wont send anything out on paper unless you sign up? I was tempted as they were my cheapest quote and offered everything under the sun like agreed value, trackday cover, like-for-like replacement on mods...

But Im dubious about signing up for anything without seeing the paperwork! Anyone got any experience of them? What are they like to claim off of?

Toureg vW Transporte

white 16v, didnt know that they seem good to me, very very helpfull and seem to know wot they are on about, havnt had a claim yet thank god, and yes they do throw trackday cover etc in with the deal and even though im third party fire and theft, i can still drive other peoples cars which is cool

hmmm!! wow! that company sounds pretty good!!! usually u have to be fully comp to be insured tpft on other cars!!! thats awesome mate! will definetly give them a ring tomora!
do you actually have to declare the mods u got tho??? Or do they just not ask?

Toureg vW Transporte

nah i declared them and they took them down, just werent botherd, ask to speak to phill, hes sound

lol, surely theres got to be quite a few different representatives! will they actually put me thru to him? has he got a second name you know by any chance?? hmmm, how old are you? maybe they only allow mods after a certain age or somet?

Toureg vW Transporte

21, i just asked for phill as thats who i deal with and they put me through to him, he just seems to know wot hes on about, u know no sh*t like an exhausts gunna give u an extra 100 bhp

yeah thats cool, will ask for him, cheers again mate :) will say what the quote comes out like tomorra (well later on today now!)

I think theyre based in Brentwood too, so its only a 15minute drive down the road should I need to have a word! ;)

(Thats 15minutes in normal peoples driving - for those that know the area, my brothers (apparently) done Melbourne, Chelmsford to Brentwood in 4 minutes... :eek:)

And no, I dont know how either. Must be the power of the Williams! :D

Toureg vW Transporte

he he he;ll be needing to claim wont he, getting to places that fast. any problems with them and ill be sending you down there then mate

hi i got a saftey devices road cage for my clio

being an engineer the standard of the built for cage is top notch !!

the cage construction it self is nice the tube is a smaller diamiter than the k tec 1 but still big enuff ! the cage cost me just over a 100 notes ! it comes in a standard black finish but for about an extra 50 notes u can have other colours

but chromed is not an option from the factory but it can be don but will cost u

pics will be about soon when in the car !! but in total mine has cost me about £250

Toureg vW Transporte

tidy job mate, u got in in yet, ? photos photos, i wana see it, is it just the back piece or the front as well, ta