ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rocker Cover Leak - D7F 1.2 w-reg Clio

Clio MTV
Hi,

I'v read on the forum that one of the bolts holding down the rocker cover on the d7f engine has some kind of link to the camshaft. This is the bolt on the left side next to the oil filler cap.

Is this true? The Haynes manual doesn't go in to much detail about this bolt.

What is likely to happen if i take this bolt out?

I have a leak from the gasket at the back of the cover and it's dripping on to the exhaust, causing smoke. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Cheers guys.

Hi,

I'v read on the forum that one of the bolts holding down the rocker cover on the d7f engine has some kind of link to the camshaft. This is the bolt on the left side next to the oil filler cap.

Is this true? The Haynes manual doesn't go in to much detail about this bolt.

What is likely to happen if i take this bolt out?

I have a leak from the gasket at the back of the cover and it's dripping on to the exhaust, causing smoke. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Cheers guys.

Bad news as mines is missing :eek:

Clio MTV
Haynes manual refers to it as just a rocker cover retaining bolt....i'll have a go at it myself (instead of giving it to a garage) and fingers crossed it works out fine. I'll update my findings....