ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Robs Crash

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Dude, mess :)

Still, only a car at the end of the day, main thing is everyone is alright, just cuts and bruises and at least you're alive and can laugh about it now (I'm not saying it was funny, just that you definately have the right attitude hehe).

As for the farmer, sue the tw*t, mud on the road pisses me off and all that make no effort to clean it up deserve everything they get - lazy f**kers.

So, is it a Trophy, a 197 or a Vee next then ;) ? Everyone knows you have to upgrade after an off hehe :D

Dan

Family Bus
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

1.5DCi 80 Dynamique
I don't know any of the people involved but I'm glad they walked away from that crash, specially just before crimbo, too.

As for the damage, it should polish out no probs ....

Mind how you go :)

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
f**king hell Rob!

Also, who passed my old man (driving a black C-Class Coupe) in a Phase 1 on a W place down Holme Lane a few weeks ago, he reckons who-ever it was needs to chillax. lol

sorry to see this also, glad your both okay.

I was in my mates PH1 172 in Windermere a few years back, we hit some leaves in the wet and went through a drystone wall head on, rolled it 3 times and landed on the roof in a field. Not one airbag in the car went off so i cant agree that the airbag system in these cars is reliable.

I can vouch that you can easily lose control at that speed, done the same on a muddy patch on a corner myself but luckily for me the mud i span in too was a pure bog so my car just got stuck, it would have had the same rolling effect had it not been so deep.

Glad everyone is ok and hope the police put there sensible hats on and see that it was down to the road conditions.

1 Series Coupe
Just after my mate passed his car slipped on farmers mud, it rolled and landed on the roof. (Pic put up with his permission)

17042007322.jpg

Image001.jpg

Less
Let this all be a reminder to people when on meets, out with the lads etc... speed can and is mega dangerous! just go safe people.

P

PrincessJessica

omg

glad everyone is ok and walked away. bloody lucky. any news on the mud? like someone at fault maybe?

cars can be replaced people cant.

:)

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Why is everyone going on aboue airbags?! They went off, the ones that were needed were the side ones.

When I rolled my old 1.2 Clio Ph1 no airbags went off 'cos it didn't have side airbags unlike my new Ph1. Front airbags would have just hurt you badly.

mini cooper (RIP 172)
sorry to see this also, glad your both okay.

I was in my mates PH1 172 in Windermere a few years back, we hit some leaves in the wet and went through a drystone wall head on, rolled it 3 times and landed on the roof in a field. Not one airbag in the car went off so i cant agree that the airbag system in these cars is reliable.

think the air bags that where needed went off:D but ur old splitter is in more then two pices now;)

Let this all be a reminder to people when on meets, out with the lads etc... speed can and is mega dangerous! just go safe people.

yep see my thread:eek: Please please, drive carefully this winter!

R35 GTR
Feel for you mate, it was bad enough when I spun out in a hire car a few weeks ago. Only bent rear axle, but was still a shock for a few days.

Family Bus
Oh God!! Rob cant believe you've changed your avatar to that!! :(

Sends shivers down my spine looking at it~ :(

White R26/Stripped Valver
Glad you made it out safely mate. Nothing you can do in situations like this.

Seeing things like this makes me think about the safety of my car, if that happened to me in the valver im sure it would have been a different story :S

mini cooper (RIP 172)
^^^yer so glad it was a safe car

Oh God!! Rob cant believe you've changed your avatar to that!! :(

Sends shivers down my spine looking at it~ :(

so does urs, 17"'s:headno:

just hopes it makes other ppl thing twice when driving a bit fast:eek:

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
That was a big moment........

Cops wont touch it if there is only one vehicle as long as the passenger has only got light injuries.

I miss the Yorks meets - so many near misses or not in this case!

Just think though - everyones silver 172's just got a little rarer and may have gone up in value by 20p or so.

Every cloud has a silver lining!

mini cooper (RIP 172)
Got any wicked scars to show the grandkids?

not really, a little one on my little finger and might have one on the side of my head, but dont know yet as its still got crusy blood over it:eek:

carnt wash my hair for an other few days:rolleyes:

carl said hes getting one on this hand

MY10 R35 GTR
lucky boy.

glad your ok. As was said cars can be replaced.................. with faster ones hahahha :D