ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Road Tyres - For track?

WRX
Just shows how the prices fluctuate, bought mine last week and they were £10 each more. Never mind still happy with what I paid.

Cup In bits
Right ok - well I just did 2hr open pit at cadwell on road tyres with the same geometry setup as you, I admit a bit more power and huge stoppers... but still relevant I think.
For the first 8minutes of a session they gripped well at the front, a lot better than I thought they would. You could lift off and get the back end out so I was grinning like a cheshire cat lol.. but at 9 minutes dead they absolutely die. You have very little grip, I locked the wheels up under braking, started understeering. When I got back into the pits it was clear the heat just destroys them, the rubber had started pealing off in massive chunks and you could press your finger into them and make a hole. Totally over-heated.

Are you referencing your latest day at Cadwell Phil? If so it wasn't exactly hard driving tbh, them tyres would go off after less than 2 laps when pushed hard just like any road based tyre. R compound tyre at the very least on a car that is going to see more than 2 track days a year, I learnt the hard way. As the saying goes, you buy s**te you buy twice!

no wonder you killed them on track CUP_Phil, i cooked them on the bloody road on a spirited drive up a mountain road, absolute SH*T for dry roads imo seemed to be far to much give in the sidewalls and just didn't offer much confidence at all, i found T1R's pretty much on the wear blocks better on the same road.

Saw someone mentioned R1R's i looked last night as EARS were the cheapest at £56 last week when i ordered some but were at nearly £70 when i looked last night