ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Road to LeMans 2010 (12th/13th June)... you game?

I really wanted to cover the whole car in grass vinyl, not idea why really... thought it would look sick in a field though.

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
we need to get naiths car sorted!!

That car is going to Le Mans one way or another ;)

What time would you guys be meeting at Toddington services?

I reckon we'll be there around 8:30-8:45 mate

richandgem what are you making the clio's look like can you give us any clues?

cheers Gower :)

I'm having a massive Mr. Happy on both sides of the 182 with a few other little odds and sods. And Gem is having a massive Mrs Stubbon on one side of the 197 and a Mrs Bossy on the other, again with a few other little odds and sods.

Im also having a little sumin done for ours, naith and sy's car ;)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
A week to go :D

im strying to sort 3 things out before i go and failing lol,

TT needs MOT , but i think ive put that back till after now as it needs bulbs fitting n stuff

Lemans well thats the main one

then on thr friday after we get back im back off down to kent for round 3 of the BDC

BG 182
Me and Toby spent the morning stickering the car up, looks wicked he's gunna put some teaser shots up later. :)

its gunna be funny. lol

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Does anyone have a clue what the wter is like i guess its drinkable?

i have a supply of monster that should hopefully see me through but i cant just drink monster lol.
think im going to bake some cakes too :)

dont really know what food to take, im TRYING to plan meals and stuff but i dunno.
is anyone taking a wee BBQ i was thinking u can get them little football ones for £15 ish, dont know how much room we have in the car tho?

Liquid Yellow 197 F1
They have taps scattered around the campsite but i wouldn't trust that. There is a supermarket in the near by village/town (not le mans) you can get everything you need from there.

You can get the little gas burning hobs for about £10-£15 from macros, mines lasted 3 years and i'm only just having to buy new gas now.

Unfortunatly i had a little bit of a spin in my car and managed to snap my splitter so its not gonna be looking mint like i wanted it to, just lucky that the rest of the car is ok i guess.

This time next week I will be in france enroute to the campsite. Im guessing i'll be 1 of the first from here to arrive so i'll try and make sure theres plenty of room where i set up for the rest of you.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i have a camping stove just thinking for burgers n stuff be nice to have a BBQ om nom nom

cant wait, got my bikini ready lol... theres a bar and a swimming pool right???! hahaha

Liquid Yellow 197 F1
ahh for the authentc burnt coal taste, well if you can fit it in then why not.

haha if you actually took a bikini youd have to be very brave to put it on! there is a bar you just have to break into the piston heads fenced off corner and its funny you say that last year there were a few paddling pools, we made a slip and slide with some tarpoling (spelling) and we brought the biggest bin we could find filled it with water and chilled the beers it also became a plunge pool!!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
got mates in the piston heads section... hummm lol

im really hoping its warm too,
anyone know how far we are from the maccys hahaha

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
good job i bought a tent with some awning space at the front lol, i made sure i bought one with enough room to cook in in the event of rain lol

Liquid Yellow 197 F1
Im going tent shopping this weekend and now im going to make sure its water proof. Last year we all brought £10 tents and had to go out looking for tarpulin and things to keep us dry.
I think tescos sell cheap gazebos to so may get 1 of them.

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
its wont rain while we're there. God wouldnt do that to me.

We were ordering some more decals last night :)

I'm gonna go and pick up a bit of water before we go and Gem has brought some of those tablet things that purifies the water. I think I will take some pot noodles etc, stuff that u just add hot water too. I cant make my mind up about the bbq, If I take one I'm not bringing it back lol

Oh and dont go mad Laura you might not fit it all in the 197 ;)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
lol dont worry i wont... remember what ever i bing has to firstly fit in the boot of the zed haha!
so far ive got the tent, small over night bag and small box of food :) be reet! ill pack small :p

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
if the 182 had seats etc I could put more in there but it will just rattle round everywhere as it is lol
Plus i want to keep it light as pos so I can out perform all the megs ;)

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Hello chaps i haven't read the whole thread but the mrs is taking me for my b'day so hopefully meet up with a few of you.
Im on the portsmouth to caen ferry early wed and stopping in karting nord in me cup with two big red 5 stickers on it. Heres to good weather

if the 182 had seats etc I could put more in there but it will just rattle round everywhere as it is lol
Plus i want to keep it light as pos so I can out perform all the megs ;)

FLOL... dreamer

Hello chaps i haven't read the whole thread but the mrs is taking me for my b'day so hopefully meet up with a few of you.
Im on the portsmouth to caen ferry early wed and stopping in karting nord in me cup with two big red 5 stickers on it. Heres to good weather

defo mate, we'll catch up :)

BG 182
Me and toby went shopping for food the other day hahaha noodles, pasta, crisps and some water done lol

got a service and some new tyres to get sorted today.

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
We've been shopping today and picked up some food and water, oh and a bit of booze lol

all I gotta do now is get some euros tomorrow and get the decat back on the 182.

I can't decide if it's worth taking a spare wheel or not

Now Sold :-(
Just finished helping my mate sticker up his Audi S4 for the trip. Hope to be able to make it myself next year.

DCi 100
I've only got 150 euros.. umming if thats enought or not really! Taking plenty of food/drink along, not much else to spend money on?

Where are we actually camping btw? Reckon will be able to get a shower?

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
I've only got 150 euros.. umming if thats enought or not really! Taking plenty of food/drink along, not much else to spend money on?

Where are we actually camping btw? Reckon will be able to get a shower?

We're taking 200euros but petrol and stuff will just go on a card.

Not sure about showers mate I'll look :)

I'm so jealous of you lot. I've always wanted to go but have never had the type of mates interested in going, ho hum. Have a wicked cool time, and don't get stopped by the rozzers! Bon chance. :)

I still need Vinyl! :(

Also, can you use card abroad? I will only really need Euros for scran/swill so if possibly, can I put fuel on the card...?

Liquid Yellow 197 F1
Well its not looking to good for me getting to drive over now, I've just found out from Renault that i need a new wheel and they want £250 for a brand new 1!

For any one that is driving I would recommend taking photo copies of your license, passport, and insurance as if you get stopped the police will take them off you and you won't see them again for a few months.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Well its not looking to good for me getting to drive over now, I've just found out from Renault that i need a new wheel and they want £250 for a brand new 1!

For any one that is driving I would recommend taking photo copies of your license, passport, and insurance as if you get stopped the police will take them off you and you won't see them again for a few months.

whats wrong with your wheel :S surely not missing lemans for a wheel.. plenty of ppeps on here will lend u one im sure

Liquid Yellow 197 F1
I've put a flat spot in the back of it having some fun at the weekend :s I won't be missing it, but I might not be in mine.

The only problem is i don't really know anyone off of here well enough to be borrowing wheels. I have put up a wanted thread and am looking at a black speedline on ebay to.