ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Road to LeMans 2010 (12th/13th June)... you game?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
ok can anyone thing of anything else basics wish could need?

Tent
Air bed and pump
Sleeping bag
Camping stove + gas
travel frying pan

i've got nuff 'preservatifs' not that they'll be any birds there mind....

this is my official to do list checklist list for the journey.

TeamAriane RenaultSport Megane Upgrade and tuning list

pre June 10th trip to france

• Fit and secure RS sideskirts
  • Drill, self tappet and fit CF door inserts.
  • Send dash top and dial covers to 'Leipz'
  • Calipers taken off and refurbed, lines refitted and brakes setup with DOT 5.1
  • Alloys removed and cleaned.
  • Fog light removal to test CF inserts and correspondong look/fitting.
  • Tar Removal from front seating area and refit sponge floor supports.
  • Induction removal and cleaning of filter, sealing of airbox (with possible smoothing) and look into FM of CAF.
  • New windscreen fitted.
  • Two new rear tyres (pref 235/40/R18)
  • Look into removal of mid section on front splitter.
  • Clarify and fit decals.
  • Assess switching to OEM renault SparkPlugs
  • Recieve ans fit window switch for driverside.
Equipment to be taken to France

• Small Michelin tool kit.
  • Tyre foam.
  • 1.5 litre bottle of Water (non drinkable for possible coolant issues).
  • Swill.
  • Tent.
  • Travel bags x 2.
  • Small cleaning bag + 7/8 Microfibres.
  • High viz Jacket, first Aid kit, Warning triangle, Bulbs.
  • Insurance papers.
  • phone charger
  • C.Ds
  • Sunglasses.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Not a bad list...

luckly as im not driving i dont have to worry about car stuffs,

i think im pretty much there now tbh,

tent, air bed sleeping bag check
little stove thing, gas and pan, check
clothes will be packed the night before lol

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
seeing as this is getting pretty close now do we have a plan of action?

where are we all meeting etc?
seeing as i live in manchester and gem lives in not manchester can i grab a lift with someone till we all meet up?

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
Im pretty sure Naith, Riad and Sy ar driving down to ours on the Wednesday evening and stopping at ours. Otherwise its gonna be a git of a trip plus we can have some drinks on the wednesday night :)

Liquid Yellow 197 F1
I can't believe how close we are to this now, is everyone still going that said they were?

I've had a bit of a mad month with people pulling out and others deciding come within the last week. Also still havent recieved my camping ticket which is a bit worrying.

I've booked my ferry crossing with Norfolkline as they have a deal on atm, which is £7.50 each way. So Thursday im leaving England at 6 am and coming back Monday 6 pm. I'm travelling with a mate that has spent the last year putting a rover 1.8vvc engine into the back of a mini, possibly a 172 cup, and focus st170.

Still need to get a tent as i burnt mine last year, also need to make sure i have european breakdown cover.

Do a couple of you want to pm me your numbers so we can get in touch when everyones arrived? Arrange a meeting point and possible plans for mad friday.

Oh and do i need to say how excited i am for this!!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
yup our plan still stands,

ill be blasting to richngems the wed after work n setting off with the team in the morning.

cant wait, not yet ordered the thisrts argh.. been so busy with the drifting s**t that ive had to put this on the back burner.. will get onto it at the weekend :D

need monies off anyone wanting tshirts tho!
£7, we decided to scrap hoodies as it will be a tad warm, so now get black or green thsirts

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Pish^

1 for 1 more or less!

I start a new job on Monday! I will be going next year without a shadow of a doubt!

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
Thought I'd post up a little update to keep people up to date

The plan so far is this, Naith, Riad, Sy and Laura are driving down to Leicester on the Wednesday afternoon/night and stopping at ours. We decided to do this so they don't have to travel all the way from Manchester on Thursday morning. If anyone else wants to stop in Leicester and join us for a drink or 2 there is a Premier Inn half a mile from our house :)

I've been looking at the route to Le Mans and the route planners are estimating a 3 hour 15 minute travel time to Dover. The absolute latest we can be at the terminal for is 11:45 so given the rush hour traffic, and the M25, I think we need to allow 4 hours to get there. So we need to look at leaving no later than 7:30am imo.

The ferry arrives in France at 14:45 local time and according to the route planner it will take 4 hours to get to Le Mans so with a bit of luck we'll arrive about 7pm.

I've brought a road atlas for France just in case, we've brought just about everything else, just a couple of things left now food wise. We plan on taking some tinned food and stuff like pot noodles. Booze we plan on buying when we're over there :)

Remember u will need your passports.
High Viz jackets for every person in the car are a legal requirement in France.
Each car must have a warning triangle
You must carry all your paperwork. This mean both parts of your license, VIN doc and valid MOT and insurance.
GB stickers and headlight adapters are also a legal requirement.
First aid kits, spare bulb kits and fire extinguishers are advised but not a legal requirement. Given the way the French Police can be I'd advise everyone to have a spare bulb kit

If I can think of anything else I'll post it up, or if anyone has any questions just ask :)

I'm getting so excited about this now, I just wanna go :D

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
really not long to go.

im TRYING to sort the tshirts however it all seems to be going wrong and at this rte they they will arrive the day after we gt back lol

im pretty much sorted now :D just fresh food i need to get the day before :D

see u all a week on wed lol

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
really not long to go.

im TRYING to sort the tshirts however it all seems to be going wrong and at this rte they they will arrive the day after we gt back lol

im pretty much sorted now :D just fresh food i need to get the day before :D

see u all a week on wed lol

Can u bring a high viz jacket? we only have 2

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
just realised i only have next weekend to get everytging finalised ahhh lol

anyone got a 12v mains adaptor for thier car as need to charge my camera battry

richandgem can me and Gower67 meet you at toddington service station on m1?

if your going that way.

we should be in a stickered up 182 :)

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
richandgem can me and Gower67 meet you at toddington service station on m1?

if your going that way.

we should be in a stickered up 182 :)

Of course you can, u on the same ferry as us then?

We'll be all stickered up 2 so u wont miss us. PM me your mobile number and we'll sort sumin out :)

DCi 100
What time would you guys be meeting at Toddington services?

I was going to order acouple of spare batteries/SD cards for the camera, but don't think I have like any money in the bank atm! :|

Needs the sensor cleaning anyways but that isn't going to happen.

It will blow off down the motorway lol where do i buy a massive pink bow from? Does anyone know? or even pink ribbon I will tie my own if I have to.