ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ring Doorbell

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
No but i don't want to hard wire as want to take it to new house in a month or 2, before i get a proper cctv system at the new pad

What's your home WIFI like, alot of the guys here seem to be moving to MESH style networks and seems to work really well.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
What's your home WIFI like, alot of the guys here seem to be moving to MESH style networks and seems to work really well.
No idea ha. It lets me watch amazon prime and go on YouTube!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I've got the Ring 1, was on offer at Screwfix for £89 with a free chime. Quality is good enough, battery so far has been excellent and no issues with wi-fi. As you said above we mainly use it to capture any intruders etc.

Sample video (her indoors car, not mine! [emoji23]): https://ring.com/share/6718031516207578172
Whats the delay time like between movement and capture/notification?

Mine just catches the posty half way back down the drive so way too slow

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
Bump on this, I am looking for a bell that can be hard wired as i have existing wiring there.
Budget not an issue just want something that will be reliable and not lag like others have mentioned?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Ring does that. I have zero issues with lag, but my router is about 10metres from the doorbell.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Google one is hardwired.

Do you have Alexa or Google Home hub? Best to buy the doorbell that matches.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I have just bought a eufy 2k battery doorbell very impressed no lag can also be hard wired no false alerts motion detection sound is very good and records onto base unit chime.
Looks better build quality than ring imo too.
Also no subscription required

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
I have just bought a eufy 2k battery doorbell very impressed no lag can also be hard wired no false alerts motion detection sound is very good and records onto base unit chime.

Does it store video footage? On a cloud type thing? Does it need a base station at all?

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I have a Ring Pro. Hardwired, and zero lag. Had no issues since installation, I pay £2.99 / month for cloud storage IIRC

Simon1975

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup/Meg R26
Had my doorbell about 8 months and added a ring camera couple of months ago both battery and they last about 4 weeks before needing charging. Bought a spare battery always have a spare charged battery to chuck in. Works great for keeping a eye on the car

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201012-191349.png
    Screenshot_20201012-191349.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 162

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
After lots of youtube review watching I just ordered this...

1602529972050.png

Hopefully be able to connect to original bell too!

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
Had my doorbell about 8 months and added a ring camera couple of months ago both battery and they last about 4 weeks before needing charging. Bought a spare battery always have a spare charged battery to chuck in. Works great for keeping a eye on the car

Is it the Ring stick up cam? I'm looking for something easy to use to keep an eye on my garage

Simon1975

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup/Meg R26
Is it the Ring stick up cam? I'm looking for something easy to use to keep an eye on my garage
Yes stick up cam. Very easy to install just buy a spare battery and keep it charged up. I get alerts to my phone everyone someone passes my driveway. Pics are really clear even at night. The one above was taken as I posted it so already dark outside with no lighting on the front of my house

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Does it store video footage? On a cloud type thing? Does it need a base station at all?

Stores all on base station which is also the chime can also put a usb in back to increase storage if reqd.

No subscription charges.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
i have ordered the wired version so no base station, data stored in the doorbell. I think my mum would struggle to change the batteries 😂

No batteries in it charge the bell itself batteries should last about 6 months.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

this one?

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
No batteries in it charge the bell itself batteries should last about 6 months.

So i changed my mind! Decided I wanted to fit a camera to the rear of mums house so i ordered the battery doorbell instead which comes with the hub and i added a single camera to the order. Massive discounts on amazon right now so i got it all for £215.

1602617706999.png

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
My doorbells being a bit iffy lately. Had a few missed rings I don't even get the notification. Like this morning the Landlord came while I was out to drop some money off for the door fitter. I've come home to see the envelope through letterbox and gone on the app to look, "missed ring"
Yeah it will be if I'm not getting notifications !
Connections fine it's on a WiFi extender so good signal, no idea what it's doing

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
same. it's a waste of time to be honest. Takes forever to notify, when it decides it wants to.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Google one is hardwired to the bell chime, plus when someone presses it your home hub automatically flicks to the doorbell camera.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I come across a lot of these in my new-found role, delivering s**t. I think in the month I've been doing it, probably coming across at least 150-200 houses with them, only about two have ever been used to speak to me remotely. Do people actually both checking them?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I use mine a lot for deliveries, when we’re both at work, never had an issue on that front.

My recent issue though, it said it had 2% battery, which means it can’t connect to WiFi, even though the battery had been fully charged. I had to reset it, and set it up from scratch.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Buy a eufy 2k video doorbell instead! Better build quality, detection, picture and notifications.
Never misses anything and no fee either 👍

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
So I've noticed I seem to get notifications when I'm at home on WiFi. But outside home I don't get them, even though I'm pretty sure my settings are all correct?

Also, can I make my fire hd tablet flick to the doorbell view when it's pressed like the Google one does?
I want it running the house , lights/cameras etc.
Also have 2 other cameras I've managed to get connected after side loading Google play store onto it but not fussed about those flicking over.
Something like those smartthing tiles I think, just all there on screen .

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Bumping an old ish thread.

After a ring door bell it similar. Amazon have one at 89 plus 30 for the chime. Decent enough or...

Out wifif is pretty stable etc.