ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Riggers' Mk2 Xr2 project...

JDM Dc2
New mounts with the new nylock nuts i got yesturday -

IMG_0366.jpg

old vs new mount -

IMG_0367.jpg

mounts fitted -

IMG_0368.jpg

started the car up, much less engine movement now, about half of what it was
icon_smile.gif

and a picture of the new camber on the front offside now whilst its back on the floor -

IMG_0370.jpg

alignment booked in again for 1.30 tmoz and to get the washers welded up!

JDM Dc2
Had the alignment done, drives awesome now soo much better than even before the crash when the camber was still 1.8degerees out and the tracking was all over the place...

Now the cambers still quite abit out as you can see here but still everything else is spot on and it corners great, the guy said to do the same on the other side but take camber off, i will do that at some point

IMG_0372.jpg

Also the Mk3 Zetec lower rad hose and bypass pipe to the thermostat arrived today so...

before (lots of joiners and bodged hoses) -

IMG_0348-1.jpg

Now -

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

Not one pipe joiner anywhere on the whole coolant system/set up now all direct hoses and just one T-piece where it goes off from the lower rad hose to the heater matrix and header tank.

Also put 2 liters of anti-freeze too hoping that ill never have to drain the coolant again now and hope no more hoses burst :)

JDM Dc2
Bought a few goodies on tuesday consisting of...

Jenvey 45mm Throttle Bodies
45x45mm trumpets
Jenvey throttle linkage and Fuel rail
Bosch 330cc injectors

As they're off a 1.7SE i bought them minus a Inlet manifold, so ordered one from Shwaspeed last tuesday, arrived thursday then went to pick it up whilst jon drilled and tapped it for the brake servo vacuum for me, so...

carbs, manifold, regulator and fuel pump off -

IMG_0422.jpg

New jenvey inlet manifold fitted -

IMG_0426.jpg

Brake servo vacuum hose -

IMG_0427.jpg

With going down the fuel injection route, im needing to change the Fuel tank, Fuel pump and Fuel pressure regulator too...

I Bought a brand new Mk2 Injection fuel tank on wednesday day, that arrived friday -

IMG_0425.jpg

A good mate is going to be the Brains of this conversion really, Im buying his Omex 600 off him and for that hes going to be sorting all the wiringside of things, im also having a ERST fuel pump and a FSE regulator too off him which are 2 of alot of random parts andy owns lying around lol...

Andy has now sorted all the loom ready for me, and hes going to be collect some Braided fuel lines for me tomorrow...

Got a new fuel filter yesturday, the narrowest one i could find and which was an inline one and had 8mm in/outlets, meant for a 106 xsi lol -

IMG_0442.jpg

The bodies aint arrived yet so ive done a few other little jobs on the car too like removed the sound proofing from under the bonnet and cleaned it up -

IMG_0441.jpg

Painted the fittings on the oil cooler so its abit more stealthy now -

IMG_0444.jpg

also gave the top of the new fuel tank one coat of hammerite, will finish it off during the week.

More soon :)

JDM Dc2
Hope you get some big gains for the money mate :)

wont be seeing big gains tbh, slight gains doing the ITBs conversion, will see bigger gains when i decide to go for cams etc.

Im not buying them to see a bhp increase like i did with the DTH tapered 42s on the ZS im buying them for the reliability, driveability, more ecomonical, sound, and for future mods :)

Not really seen someone with a standard 2.0 on jenvey 45s tbh but they are miles better than 40mm bike carbs so should see a little gain and with no more problems!

Christ you don't half pour money at your cars! Rough cost to date?

i added up money on the zs, got 2/3 of it back in the end, not really adding up on this tbh

i dont plan on getting rid of this a week after its done too not like itll be done for a good while yet if itll ever be done lol

JDM Dc2
Bodies etc arrived last night... just fitted them now...

Cleaned them up, mounted them then made sure i was getting full throttle at the pedal

after bending the stopoer bracket on the throttle pedal -

IMG_0452.jpg

i got this -

IMG_0449.jpg

then re-fitted the trumpets -

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

Cant wait to hear them! :evil:

Fuel tank finished now, had 2 coats of smooth hammerite -

IMG_0446.jpg

Not long now :)

JDM Dc2
Saturday -

started work on it at 12pm, finished at 8pm, this is what we got done.....

Old tank off (hi andy) -

IMG_0461.jpg

New tank and fuel pump all fitted after about an hours fiddling -

IMG_0465.jpg

Filter plumbed in and mounted lol -

IMG_0464.jpg

FSE fuel pressure regulator (power b0000000st valve) mounted -

IMG_0467.jpg

then finished plumbing all the lines etc, then put 18litres of tesco 99octane in...

then onto the wiring only pic ive got of any of the wiring -

IMG_0466.jpg

then finished all the wiring, swapping the pins over onto the omex 200 plug, wired up the fuel pump, conected the battery, fuel pump primed for 2 seonds when turning the keyonto stage 2...

took the key out about 15-20 seconds later we spot smoke pouring out from inside the car... turned out to be this -

IMG_0471.jpg

all the plastic casing/coating on the wire right from the battery to the fuel pump relay (which is behind my drivers seat and the battery is in the engine bay still) was all like this and burnt off/melted.

with having no more wire and it dark we had to call it a day specially as my internet couldnt get a decent enough connection to download the omex software onto a mates lap top...

ALSO noticed, fuel pissing out all down the side of the front of the tank, looks like ts coming form where i blanked off the existsing lines where they come out the top where you can see n the forst picture, so tank and pump, drain the fuel all again
icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif

Sunday -

Went to halfords got 5m of 27amp wire and a fuse holder for the 12v feed for the fuel pump relay, and a new 35-40amp relay which cost a fiver LOL...

got back then andy came we wired the fuel pump etc back up first, i jumped underneath to connect the connections only to notice i wired it up backwards, no wonder it burnt
icon_redface.gif

connected the battery and wahey we have a fuel pump that primes spot on and a wire that doesnt set on fire
icon_lol.gif

then tried to link 3 different laptops upto the ECU, all 3 were having none of it, so off to maplin to get a new USB-serial cable... tried that, still no joy...

then tried a direct earth from the omex to the battery and wahey, Brens majic laptop liked to talk to my Omex 600, then after a few touches to the map from andy he truned the key, after lots of Pops/bangs and flames from out the bodies, it wouldnt come to life, went throgh every wire and sensor on the loom, turned out when we swapped the wires on the coil pack (no idea why they are different to the omex 200 as every other wire is exactly the same on the plug)... it livvvedd, not very well but it came to life for about 20seconds...

Also checked the tank when it the car was running and no leaks, so must be leaking from the filler neck, so tank still has to come off etc, sigh

icon_sad.gif

heres the engine bay completed and a new addition -

IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

IMG_0474.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

so as soon as andy can when he comes back to mine, we need to swap the pins over on the coil pack again after bodgeing it up with a spare connector, sort a new earth out for the omex, then go from there hopefully it runs, can mapp it so itll drive nice enough till i can get to Mikeanics, then get the tank down and see where the leaks coming from.

Today -

Andy came round about 12ish, swapped the pins over on the omex plug for the coil pack, new earth and ignition live to the omex too...

then tried to connect the laptop upto the ECU, still wasnt connectong for some reason
icon_sad.gif
... then tried everything, then went to maplin to get a serial to serial cable and took the car battery, omex and my spare loom in the house to try link it all to my computer and great success! it worked, so then andy sorted all the settings on the omex, took it outside car seemed to run a little better, then took my computer outside, fired in the lambda sensor in the exhaust and begin mapping lol -

IMG_0478.jpg

did it once took it for a spin, then back again to adjust the fuelling, back out again, then back to adjust the fuelling, then back out again, andy is happy hows its at now, he also took a litle vid which im sure he'll post up when he gets a minute, its still quite rich upto 2k but sweet after that...

Mapping is booked on for 1.30 Thursday :approve:

what a 3 days lol!

JDM Dc2
Just got back from Mikeanics these are the results -

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

exactly what i expected tbh, and the drive of the car is sooooo much nicer/better now, rediculously smooth and the sound is fkin epic
tongue.gif

Problems of the day were...

throtlle libnkae seperated on the way there and on the way back, need some m6 locking nuts for the bar that connect the throttle linake to the bodies them selves, no big deal...

also noticed the fuel dripping out as it were being mapped like constatly dripping from a few different areas, think its the sender seal on the top of the tank so job for saturday is to drop the tank and see whats what, sigh!

Lotus Elise 111R
I had a mercury grey one of them, and loved it. I still like the (retro ) looks of them even now. Enjoy

JDM Dc2
that reg doesnt half look familiar!

bought it off a lad from cambridge if that helps lol

I had a mercury grey one of them, and loved it. I still like the (retro ) looks of them even now. Enjoy

yeh love the grey ones, and me too, cheers :)

Was mapped at Mikeanics yesturday here are the results -

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

exactly what i expected tbh, and the drive of the car is sooooo much nicer/better now, rediculously smooth and the sound is fkin epic
tongue.gif

Problems of the day were...

throttle linkage seperated on the way there and on the way back, so just got a m6 niut to sort that so hopefully no more problems there now and also set the idle to 850rpm.

also noticed the fuel dripping out as it were being mapped like constatly dripping from a few different areas, think its the sender seal on the top of the tank so job for saturday is to drop the tank and see whats what, sigh! so tank off tomorrow job :(

also just started the car to see how the map is from cold, started without even having to press the throttle at all and after 1min of running its spot on just a little boggy for the first minute nothing major or nowhere near as bad as the carbs were :)

Current Engine and Transmision spec -

2.0 Zetec E s2 silvertop
Omex 600 Management Mapped by Mikeanics, 175bhp & 143 lbs ft.
Jenvey 45mm throttle bodies with 45x45mm trumpets
Jenvey inlet manifold
Bosch 330cc injectors
ERST fuel pump
FSE fuel pressure regulator
Ashley Heatwrapped Modified 4-2-1 manifold
Ashley 2" single box system with added in flexi joint and custom 2.25" tip
NGK Platinum Spark plugs
Modified Zetec & CVH coolant hoses
Mk3 Zetec radiator
Mocal 13-row Oil cooler with thermostatic sandwich plate
Mocal Catch tank
Lightened & Balanced 1800 flywheel
Helix organic clutch
FRST ratio'd Mk3.5 Si gearbox

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Looking good Jamie, cracking results aswell! Keep up the good work :D You going to be at any ford events next year? would be nice to see this in the flesh.

JDM Dc2
Looking good Jamie, cracking results aswell! Keep up the good work :D You going to be at any ford events next year? would be nice to see this in the flesh.

Cheers mate and dunno tbh see what happens defo going Ford Fair either way dont know about other shows yeh, we shall see :)

Sorted the tank leak, was the seal on the top on the sender, was a faff after getting fuel in my eyes and hair but got their int he end and no more leaks and after going out for a drive init tnite i must've avereaged 30mpg over the whole journey of very mixed driving which im pleased with...

Heres a couple of Drive by vids for y'all -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRHVFwkihnk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GC1xwz2Tk0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZD3ZDgOLQg

First ones my fave as thats the best spound quality off my mates phone, the other 2 are off my camera, still sounds ace tho :)

Mk1 F4R
Cheers mate and dunno tbh see what happens defo going Ford Fair either way dont know about other shows yeh, we shall see :)

Sorted the tank leak, was the seal on the top on the sender, was a faff after getting fuel in my eyes and hair but got their int he end and no more leaks and after going out for a drive init tnite i must've avereaged 30mpg over the whole journey of very mixed driving which im pleased with...

Heres a couple of Drive by vids for y'all -

[youtube]GRHVFwkihnk[/youtube]

[youtube]2GC1xwz2Tk0[/youtube]

[youtube]XZD3ZDgOLQg[/youtube]

First ones my fave as thats the best spound quality off my mates phone, the other 2 are off my camera, still sounds ace tho :)

There you go click away lol

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
I think I need bodies.... F**k getting a S/C lol Sounds epic mate :approve:

JDM Dc2
There you go click away lol

cheers for that, ill learn how to do that one day lol

F*CKING EPIC mate!

Love the sound, very racey.

I think I need bodies.... F**k getting a S/C lol Sounds epic mate :approve:

Cheers for the comments, much appreciated :)

With having the sticking throttle cable issue ive just ordered a Brand new Genuine ford one off ebay, should be here by wednesday with abit of luck...

Also got a Black sunstrip today as my cars a b**ch to drive when the suns low, especially was on track, i like the standard look, but function over form is needed sometimes lol

JDM Dc2
Throttle cable arrived yesturday -

IMG_0513.jpg

removed the trumpets to get access to the throttle linkage, undone it and slid the old cable out here you can see where its all freyed and where it was catching on the linkage -

IMG_0514.jpg

so new cable fitted, trumpets back on, much better now hopefully no more sticking throttle pedal!

Wanna get the sunstrip on tmoz!

JDM Dc2
Fitted the sunstrip last night, looks alright considering it was dark and raining at the time lol -

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600.
IMG_0515.jpg

Just drained the coolant out the heater matirx then filled the system back up and bled it, heater seems to be working again hoefully it'll stay that way and not be inconsistent like it was doing. Just gave the car a clean too after all the firework **** all over it lol -

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600.
IMG_0517.jpg

JDM Dc2
More problems...

Went out to a meet saturday night, went to boot it, throttle cables sticking again, just had a look at it now and the problem was the linkage catching a little so a little bend with some pliers and it clears now :D

heaters blowing out cold air still :dead:

and my car started misfiring badly when we came to move on from the pub at the meet, Ive tried the HT leads on my 1.25, there fine, plugs are around 1k miles old, just took them out gave them a clean, they look to be in great condition... waiting for a new coil pack and leads to arrive in the post, should be here tmoz, hopefully its the coil pack, cant see it being anything else!

Just touched up underneath the fuel tank where it all came off from the fuel leak so now i can keep an eye on that but im 99% sure its not leaking now

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Do you have a job? You seem to spend every minute tinkering with the fez!

JDM Dc2
Coil pack and leads arrived...

Plugged them both in, started the car, misfiring exactly the same ...

had a fiddle with the TPS moved it slightly as it didnt look square on the bodies, that didnt do anything apart from just make the revs rise on its own lol, still running on 3 cylinders... so ive put that back to as it was...

then thought cant see it being anything else other than the Spark plugs, so went to Euro Car Parts got 4 Bosch spark plugs for 5.59 lol, got back fitted them and happy days its running on 4 cylinders again

as ive rounded the bolts off on the coil pack, i need to replace the coil pack and bracket together, the new one came with a bracket but i cba removing the thermostat housing to get to the coil pack bracket bolts so for now im still running on the old coil pack with the new plugs and leads.

Hope its running smooth now and with adjusting the TPS it hasnt altered the map!? as i say its back to exactly how it looked and when revving the car on my drive it feels exactly how it was...

197 FF Glacier White
Nice car! I had a white one for a short while (a LONG time ago though) good fun.

JDM Dc2
Nice car! I had a white one for a short while (a LONG time ago though) good fun.

yeh theyre awesome fun and turns alot of heads too haha, i mustve only seen one on the road since ive owned it (aopart from going to ford fair obviously)

annyyyyyyyyyyywayyyyyyyyyyyy...

Little catch up since november...

went for a drive upto snakes pass and got these couple of pics when we got back to manchester

155926_470308089874_783599874_5506008_5639215_n.jpg

149120_470307944874_783599874_5506004_2948006_n.jpg

150264_470307584874_783599874_5505992_5905505_n.jpg

75308_470307749874_783599874_5505997_4156927_n.jpg

Drive by vid sounding awesome if i do say so myself :) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJXwfrnG0Y4&feature=related

random pics -

IMG_0647.jpg

IMG_0668.jpg

Tbh the cars hasnt missed a beat since it was mapped, which im really happy about, not used a drop of oil after some hard drives and abuse, everytime i drive it it puts a smile on my face i just try drive it as less as possible so that feeling wont go away any time soon...

Then on Saturday just gone, took a trip up and over Snakes pass to rotheram in my MK4 1.25 daily beast now fitted with a mk5 rear beam, AP coilovers and silver pepperpots :) -

IMG_0731.jpg

anyways went to Rotheram to collect this (just resting in place obv.)-

IMG_0741.jpg

Full Safety Devices cage, got for a good price, looking forward to having some plates welded into the car then going to bolt the cage in through them, dont fancy welding it in.

also picked this up too which the guy was selling...

Fibre glass single skinned carbon wrapped bonnet with 5 bonnet pins ready to be fitted to car for a STUPIDLY low price, its like a feather must be at least 10-15kgs weight saving over the standard item -

IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0738.jpg

cant wait to get them both fitted in/on :D

JDM Dc2
Looking good, was thinking we hadn't seen anything from you in a while!

cheers

and yeh stopped spending on this and chucked a few hundred at the daily instead...

and been on the lookout for a cage for ages and this popped up last week got it for a good price!

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Looking as good as always mate! Can't wait to see it at some of the shows this year :D

TrackCar & F30 330d
Cage and bonnet looks cooooooooooool.

You not thought about getting a little battery? Can be lots of weight saving there

JDM Dc2
Looking as good as always mate! Can't wait to see it at some of the shows this year :D

nice one :)

only shows that stand out for me atm are Fiesta in the Park and Ford Fair, ill also be attenting total Vauxhall at POD and FCS but wont be in this!

Cage and bonnet looks cooooooooooool.

You not thought about getting a little battery? Can be lots of weight saving there

nah not really man, this battery has never missed a beat, ive got a cable and terminal box ready just cba relocating it yet tbh