ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Riggers' Mk2 Xr2 project...

JDM Dc2
Bought it yesturday after a 400mile round trip! Its had new front wings replaced, new ford bonnet and a total respray and undersealed last year so its mint! 12 months MOT 6 months tax!... full engine re-build and restoration etc last summer :D

DSC01142.jpg

DSC01156.jpg

DSC01145.jpg

DSC01146.jpg

DSC01148.jpg

DSC01154.jpg

DSC01149.jpg

DSC01152.jpg

DSC01160.jpg

Its literally like a little go kart with a roof, much better than i expected!

Spec...

Engine:

• 1600 8v CVH;
  • Kawasaki 40mm Keihin zx7r carbs;
  • Ported head;
  • Kent CVH22 cam;
  • Heatwrapped Janspeed manifold;
  • Yamaha R1 fuel pump...
Chassis:
  • Gaz Gold coilovers fully height and damper adjustable;
  • Fully Polybushed throughtout;
  • 13" pepperpots;
  • Budget tyres y0;
  • Standard brakes;
Exterior:
  • Standard Full Re-spray!
Interior:
  • Standard! (not for long)
Plans:
  • New tyres;
  • De wiper rear and remover rear washer bottle;
  • Strip it;
  • Fit my Sparco circuit buckets;
  • New number plates;
  • Exhaust Manifold-back system;
  • Get it set up so its 100% sweet at Mikeancis and a get ot on the RR;
  • Welded in rear strut brace;
  • Adjust the dampereing on the coilovers as im sure they're 0n the hardest setting lol, bouncy as fook;
  • Fit my Kenlowe lightweight cooling fan;
  • Bleed brakes as they are shocking at the pedal;
  • Fit one of my steering wheels once ive got a boss;
  • Relocate battery;
  • Oh and a 2.0 on twin 45s or a 2.0 ZT over winter not decided yet lol!
Think thats all i can think of for now and progress will be starting next week once the ZS is broken complete and ready to go!

B

Bucko

I f**king love these, only even driven a standard spec though. A few years ago these became the new Nova in my town and it put me off them a bit but that phase has been and gone and i still love them!

Nice buy mate, looks mint! Are you going to say how much you paid?

JDM Dc2
Nice one fella! Love this shape Fiesta, plans sound good to :D

I f**king love these, only even driven a standard spec though. A few years ago these became the new Nova in my town and it put me off them a bit but that phase has been and gone and i still love them!

Nice buy mate, looks mint! Are you going to say how much you paid?

cheers :D

paid 2350

A4 Avant
My brother had one of these years back running twin weber 40's & a pretty wild cam, was pretty quick. One of the best mods was fitting fiesta rs turbo seats in it.

Yours looks like a lovely example.

JDM Dc2
My brother had one of these years back running twin weber 40's & a pretty wild cam, was pretty quick. One of the best mods was fitting fiesta rs turbo seats in it.

Yours looks like a lovely example.

yeh them recaros are so cumfy... but very heavy iirc lol

cheers!

Suzuki Ignis Sport
That looks mint mate! Condition of it is something special!

Well worth that 400 mile round trip!

53 Clio's & counting
You have no idea how jelous i am, LOVE IT

I would persoanlly not touch it, brilliant spec as it is! For that money too if you leave it and just look after it it should be worth that again

lol, asif rigbys gonna leave it alone, i woulddnt be surprsed if it was already stripped out and the interior painted already haha

looks sweet that riggerz! will come see it inabit

JDM Dc2
Love it!

You keeping your other fiesta too? :)

DSC01164.jpg

would if i could :(

lol, asif rigbys gonna leave it alone, i woulddnt be surprsed if it was already stripped out and the interior painted already haha

looks sweet that riggerz! will come see it inabit

would've certainlly have had few of my plans done by now thats fo' sho' if it wasnt for the hectic day today... and again tmoz gotta remove the engine out the ZS, sperate gearbox etc etc..

Cheers for all the replies everyone glad you all like :D

Ordered a OMP sterring wheel boss today to fit one of my wheels whchever suites it best, then the onei dont want is sold...

Also ordered an Ashley exhaust system to hopefully join up with the Janspeed manifold and give it some more noise and free abit more power as no doubt the standard system is restricting it!

cant wait for the to arrive :D

53 Clio's & counting
Iv had many Ashleys, usually need a few 'mods' (Read hammer) to get them to fit, but great exhausts :)

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
sweet i might have to come round and nick a set and make them fit the valver :evil:

JDM Dc2
Was driving along to the meet earlier and my throttle cables snapped where it joins the carbs... Fkin gutted!... lucking it was only 5 mins form my house so seems as f0xys insured to drive my 1.25 for the weekend as he drove it home from cambridge on saturday we just came home and got my 1.25 and the tow bar... now its back on the drive and now need a new throttle cable!

Think im gonna need a custom one to join the carbs tho

Black 172 PH2
Looks excellent mate.
Quite jealous, always had a soft spot for classic fiestas!
Sorry to hear about the throttle cable though.

JDM Dc2
4 with A048Rs
4 with A539s
4 i bought on ebay to take spare tyres (currently in someone's garage in Crewe)
and two more from a mate that were too cheap to turn down!

please i want 3 more so i can get some a048s :(

Epic car is epic. Facking love fords <3

cheers mate, me too lol :D

Nipped to the local Motorbike shop on my way home and got a gfew little fittings to try... one worked and now its fine altho i think the throttle cable is the original so might invest in a knew one as it sticks some times...

had to take the carbs off to get a the linkage properly...

DSC01189.jpg

to reveal this trapped in where the cable came out on a nasty 90degree bend straight form it if you get me -

DSC01190.jpg

so sorted that out started up after 2 attemps and sweet.

Then the thing i like best...

DSC01191.jpg

DSC01193.jpg

DSC01192.jpg

DSC01200.jpg

DSC01199.jpg

DSC01194.jpg

DSC01201.jpg

still no rust to be found...

DSC01195.jpg

DSC01196.jpg

will remove the rear quater panels and the carpet etc etc when i come to fit my buckets.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
how can loosing weight from the un-nessaseries (however you spell it lol) ruin it when its gonna be built for track lol?

Thats like buying a S1 ERST and fitting TSW Venoms!

That car should stay standard looking, both inside and out. Its a classic! (Granted, engine mods are ok!)

Just my opinion though!

JDM Dc2
ive bought it in the sight to do it into a track car... light as possible, standard exterior.. if it was my daily the interior would all still be in but id done away with 15-20kgs by just what ive done so far... more to come lol!